Fwd: [ancient_waterways_society] CBSNA-LIDAR-closeup-falcon-effigy [1 Attachme...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2010
      I agree 100% , Chris.    these are maybe old field roads, or cattle trails from top of field to the water courses below.  Some in this area would have Springs that flow at different heights, depending on what layer of the limestone the water is coming out, due to rain, and the karst topography.

      I admit I saw the triangle right away even though it was not complete, but my eye and right brain made it a double triangle.  I am pretty sure this would not visible from the ground below or from a boat half way across the Mississippi Valley.  By the way across the River is the Turkey River which has a unique bluff with a river on each side that ends in a point where the rivers join.  Along the whole length of the narrowing table of land with cliffs  on bot sides are a huge line of mounds called the Turkey River Mounds, a few miles North of the City of Dubuque.      The mound builders who made the conical mounds were here first, and the effigy mound builders about 500 years later.  The Mississippian platform mound builder got here too, eventually before all of them moved elsewhere or changed into some other cultures.   The jury is still out on the information so far gathered by many professionals.
      Ted
      PS Thanks Raymond for the information and the warning of the dangers of lidar to the eyes of the falcon and other animals, great that they have, and hope they won't hurt by this technology being used for a multitude of uses for this new device.

      Begin forwarded message:

      Date: June 20, 2010 9:54:39 AM CDT
      Subject: Re: [ancient_waterways_society] CBSNA-LIDAR-closeup-falcon-effigy [1 Attachme...

      Chris-   thanks!

      In a message dated 6/20/2010 2:22:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, yacrispyubetcha@... writes:

      Hello Zena :-D
      I see the figure you are referring to. See attached overlay of the scene.
      One must be very careful not to let the "literate" brain, which is supremely excellent in recognizing even partial Symbols It Knows, to insist to the rest of the mind's rationale that something is there when it is only partly suggested.

      I've outlined the subject Falcon Mound in blue and labeled that.
      The suspect topography suggesting recognizable symbology is noted in orange.

      The main line of the 'outer triangle' which Zena has noted, is a natural gully on the right.
      It begins in softer sediment on the bench-top and is then wide and softer, creating a bold line. As the waterflow reaches the edge of the plateau, it would seem that hardrock is encountered and the 'wash' becomes a crisp, narrow rivulet dropping over the edge into the dark stream below.

      If you look honestly, there is no other mark on the land to suggest the larger triangle is there in any way... the 'literate' recognition patterning of the brain only wishes it strongly to be there, in order to make a familiar pattern make sense.

      The "inner triangle" is only there in two arms, which are also subset gullies to the natural water-flow pattern, heading to the little rivulet going over the brink. It is the normal 'herring bone' scoring that all land creates in the presence of running water. The same kinds of marks are what shows there used to be liquid water on Mars at one time.

      There are no intentional or man-enhanced 'triangular' marks on the small flat there. Just the Falcon.
      -c

      From: ZHstar@... <ZHstar@...>
      To: ancient_waterways_ society@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, June 14, 2010, 12:46 AM

      TEd-  do you see  on  the far  right half a triangle within a triangle?  If you see what I see, there is one on the flank of  Hidden Mt. in New Mexico.

      In a message dated 6/13/2010 8:40:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tedsojka@mchsi. com writes:

      CBSNA-LIDAR- closeup-falcon- effigy   270 feet long from wingtip to tip.

      This radar image is along the Mississippi  River near Cassville WI.
      I don't know much about Lidar Radar imaging.  Anybody know anything about the process