Re: [ancient_waterways_society] CBSNA-LIDAR-closeup-falcon-effigy

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19 11:04 PM
    Hello Zena :-D
    I see the figure you are referring to. See attached overlay of the scene.
    One must be very careful not to let the "literate" brain, which is supremely excellent in recognizing even partial Symbols It Knows, to insist to the rest of the mind's rationale that something is there when it is only partly suggested.

    I've outlined the subject Falcon Mound in blue and labeled that.
    The suspect topography suggesting recognizable symbology is noted in orange.

    The main line of the 'outer triangle' which Zena has noted, is a natural gully on the right.
    It begins in softer sediment on the bench-top and is then wide and softer, creating a bold line. As the waterflow reaches the edge of the plateau, it would seem that hardrock is encountered and the 'wash' becomes a crisp, narrow rivulet dropping over the edge into the dark stream below.

    If you look honestly, there is no other mark on the land to suggest the larger triangle is there in any way... the 'literate' recognition patterning of the brain only wishes it strongly to be there, in order to make a familiar pattern make sense.

    The "inner triangle" is only there in two arms, which are also subset gullies to the natural water-flow pattern, heading to the little rivulet going over the brink. It is the normal 'herring bone' scoring that all land creates in the presence of running water. The same kinds of marks are what shows there used to be liquid water on Mars at one time.

    There are no intentional or man-enhanced 'triangular' marks on the small flat there. Just the Falcon.
    -c

    From: ZHstar@... <ZHstar@...>
    To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Monday, June 14, 2010, 12:46 AM

    TEd-  do you see  on  the far  right half a triangle within a triangle?  If you see what I see, there is one on the flank of  Hidden Mt. in New Mexico.

    In a message dated 6/13/2010 8:40:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tedsojka@... writes:

    CBSNA-LIDAR-closeup-falcon-effigy   270 feet long from wingtip to tip.

    This radar image is along the Mississippi  River near Cassville WI.
    I don't know much about Lidar Radar imaging.  Anybody know anything about the process

    Message 2 of 8 , Jun 25 5:06 PM
      This is an image that should have gone with the reply that I wrote about mounds along the Mississippi River

      CBSNA-LIDAR-closeup-falcon-effigy

      Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2012
        Hello All

        Parden me for sending the unfinished e mail prior to this one in response to Rick Osmon's e mail.

        USGA will tell you they are short of staff to get requests filled for this information. I have included below a Lidar image of a bird mound on a bluff above the Mississippi River near the town of Cassville WI.

        One can see the siltation on the left, lower,corner of the image.  The ridges at the bottom of the road and rail tracks are under water.
        There are lots more to come from this particular survey, done for many reason besides archeology.

        Patience I request from all, though I am as impatient as any of you.

        I am happy that bits an pieces get out once in awhile, as it makes me feel that lots will be found before it is gone.

        Ted Sojka
        Native Earthworks Preservation / Iowa
        AWS member
        On May 13, 2012, at 10:02 AM, Rick Osmon wrote:

        The raw data is available, but to the best of my knowledge has not been compiled or released as a study. Two forms / sources of data that could and would indicate ancient changes are in widespread use: Laser topography (LIDAR) and thermal spectroscopy. Both of these data sets have been accumulated by NASA and USGS. Prying the data from their greedy little hands is not easy.

        __

        CBSNA-LIDAR-closeup-falcon-effigy