Fw: Trip report on ancient inscriptions in southeast Colorado

  • joe white
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2010

      To: Joe
      Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:39 PM
      Subject: Fw: Trip report on ancient inscriptions in southeast Colorado

      From: Catherine <faxcntn@...>
      Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 20:32:35 -0500

      FYI on what we found on a recent trip to an area in southeast Colorado that has rock inscriptions that match up to the Old Negev script found in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt:
      http://www.viewzone.com/purg1.html

      I went out to the rancher's place and found a glyph that looks similar to one found in Israel and Lebanon, that is, one of a seven-branched plant that also similar to the seven branched menorah (lampstand) of the Jewish temple:

      the Moriah plant        Coin with menorah lamp (notice the top bar, which looked like it was also on the glyph)

      Now some archaeologists would say that a seven-branched glyph could be anything, including another plant in the area, etc.  But this glyph is also found in the Holy Land areas, as I remember.

      I took a photo of the inscription with my camera, but cannot get the software to work on my computer.  So will try another.

      Do you know what is also similar to this area of Colorado and Oklahoma to the Negev desert?

      Copper deposits!

      The Black Mesa area just south of the ranch has Cu in formations similar to the Negev / Sinai deposits, such as the Timna area.  Back in the early 1900s, there was a mining boom in the tri-state area of OK / CO / NM where ore as rich as 15% copper with silver was pulled out.  There are also small deposits of iron in the area.  So they had the materials to make hand tools as they were used to doing in the ancient Near East.

      http://www.biblewalks.com/Sites/Timna.html

      http://www.jewishmag.com/95mag/timna/timna.htm

      I am convinced that they probably used iron implements to carve out the petroglyphs, given the width of the lines and also what appears to be places that the iron tool stopped as the person hammered the tool with a hand instrument / tool.  I have seen the same with marks in mining operations on hard rock.

      Also on his property, on top of one of the mesas, I found an altar site similar to what they have found in southern Jordan, Negev, and the Sinai peninsula.  It was a circle of rocks with a center pit area.  The pit was kind of small, and a bit rectangular in shape.  The long sides of the rectangle pointed towards the area of the inscriptions.  This was not just a "natural rock outcrop" as some might claim.  The center had a pit specifically made.  There also appeared to be something of a small ramp.  But the whole site was only about two feet tall in height, but that may also be due to the soil build up over time.

      In reviewing ancient archaeology of the ancient Near East, there are several cultures other than the Hebrews / Jews who knew of the deity "El" and could have come over, perhaps with the Phoenicians or other travelers.  Before the Hebrews came out of Egypt during the Exodus, the Canaanites, Assyrians, Ugarites, Moabites, Ammonites, and Midianites are examples of other cultures and peoples who worshipped El, but also made statutes of this deity

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(god)
      Notice they talk about the 'son' of El, which was known in archaeological findings.

      So this may be an area where non-Israelite people from the Near East areas came to, people who knew of El and the plants there.  They also were into solar alignments for their solar deities.  But as I told the rancher, the one horizontal glyph on top of a rock surface (horizontally flat) with a circle and a line pointing to what may be the solar solstice may also be pointing to the home land.  And if they were Hebrews, then it may be pointing towards Jerusalem, the holy city.  But more research needs to be done.  I believe that iron implements could be found, but they would be buried in places that I told the rancher about.  There are probably more altar sites and other types of sites, but usually you have to almost walk right over it before seeing it.

      I went to the OK museums, and they are aware of the Celtic Ogham writing, but not too much about the old Negev.  They will help me in contacting some of the land owners to make other trips out there.  I did contact two ranches out there, and could only visit one.  That place has a LOT of Ogham writing!  Some of it goes to below the ground level of the river bed deposits, so that means there has been quite some time for stream depositions to occur.  The other rancher has 3 or 4 ranch lands and apparently has a variety of scripts and glyphs.  They are willing to let me come there whenever I can in the future.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2010
        >   http://www.childrenofyah.org/name_of_god.htm   <

        Harris wends his findings to support Mormon traditions, but with that aside, the findings taken objectively are completely enlightening to diffusional history.
        -c