Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: copper disk

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 12, 2010
      ummm,.... just sorta kinda out of right-brain leftfield...
      a) assuming human enterprenurism was not invented in the 21st century...
      b) that there's always gonna be that one guy who tries to get more for a knock-off than is deserved...
      c) owing to the well known fact, even "back then" (400 CE) that the sign of Egyptian Copper [a high-value piece] was inclusion of blue/turquoise bits (even as small as rocksalt) in the metal....
      d) and any upper Midwest American having local copper be as cheap as doing a bit of stream-hunting on one's own...
      e) Would it be out of the question to see Sleazy Racoon of the local village get his hands on left-over turquoise tooling grit, soften up some local copper he mined himself, and thump in some 'inclusions'. Takes a 3beaverpelt priced piece & boosts it up to (faux) Levant Import status. If someone in 'business' thinks up things like this today, you don't believe it didn't happen all over world history?

      Just a thot...
      -c

      From: Vince <v_barrows@...>
      Subject: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: copper disk