RE: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: copper disk

  • charles bruns
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 12, 2010
      stand in line Steve, I am getting going on that tomorrow.  chb

      From: charbruns@yahoo. com
      Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:53:41 -0700

      I could just dive into that pool.  the spots are little spheres (you can see them in material within the center hole)  turquoise blue about the shade of Sleeping Beauty from the southwest.  couple of geode like dot holes where material was lost.  i ask north, south, or west, and the answer comes back 'on the other side of the world to the east.
      thank you, chb

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 12, 2010
        ummm,.... just sorta kinda out of right-brain leftfield...
        a) assuming human enterprenurism was not invented in the 21st century...
        b) that there's always gonna be that one guy who tries to get more for a knock-off than is deserved...
        c) owing to the well known fact, even "back then" (400 CE) that the sign of Egyptian Copper [a high-value piece] was inclusion of blue/turquoise bits (even as small as rocksalt) in the metal....
        d) and any upper Midwest American having local copper be as cheap as doing a bit of stream-hunting on one's own...
        e) Would it be out of the question to see Sleazy Racoon of the local village get his hands on left-over turquoise tooling grit, soften up some local copper he mined himself, and thump in some 'inclusions'. Takes a 3beaverpelt priced piece & boosts it up to (faux) Levant Import status. If someone in 'business' thinks up things like this today, you don't believe it didn't happen all over world history?

        Just a thot...
        -c