FW: Princess

  • Steven Steigerwald
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2010
      FYI
      Steve S.

      From: tedsojka@...
      To: aztalan2008@...
      Subject: Princess
      Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:02:35 -0500

      What is the latest information on the reburial of the princess in Lake Mills at Azatlan?

      Ted

      I got your invitation to use your other e mail provider, are you going to quit using this one?

      Send this to all your friends who believe Azatalan is an important cultural item to have in your area.

      It will also show them the deep feelings native americans have about grave robbers and artifact thieves.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2010

        For newcomers and those unfamiliar with the reference to "Princess" in the conversation below between Steve and Ted, I include a bit of a refresher and several links to this significant site.

        For more about the Aztalan Mounds located a mile from Rock Lake/Lake Mills (just west of Madison, WI), a Search of our Messages shows at least ten posts related to Aztalan, the Beaded Princess/The Princess Mound:    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/msearch?query=aztalan&charset=windows-1252

        And, "News from Indian Country" (includes the letter from Seneca Native, Jim Stevens that Steve Steigerwald (webmaster for Lake Mills Aztalan Historical Society, Inc. & Museum) had sent to our group when he joined. This is in regard to the missing Offeratory Stone taken from near the Princess Mound site at Aztalan during Independence Day weekend, 2008) which I do not believe it has yet been recovered:     http://indiancountrynews.net/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4344&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=74

        Lake Mills Aztalan Historical Society, Inc./Aztalan Museum: http://www.orgsites.com/wi/aztalan/

        Aztalan State Park:  http://www.orgsites.com/wi/aztalan/_pgg9.php3

        "Who were they and why did they leave?":  http://dnr.wi.gov/wnrmag/2009/10/aztalan.htm