Upcoming AAPS Fall Conference 2010

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010

      6th Annual International Conference on Ancient America
      September 17-19, 2010         Holiday Inn, Marquette Michigan  http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=4

      Speakers confirmed to date:
      * Karl Hoenke, Researcher
      * Lee Pennington, Film-maker
      * Dr. John White, Author/Researcher
      * Jay Wakefield, Author/Researcher (Rocks and Rows; Sailing Routes Across the Atlantic and the Copper Trade. and How the Sun God Reached America. Both books availab le on this site.
      * Wayne May, Researcher/Publisher of Ancient American Magazine
      * Scott Wolter, Author/Scientist/History Channel "star" (The Holy Grail in America) Books: The Kensington Rune Stone, Compelling New Evidence and The Hooked X, Key to the Secret History of North America.
      * Roger Jewell, Author/Researcher (The Ancient Mines of Kitchi-Gummi)

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2010
        Welcome to the new member from Superior (Wisconsin?)

        Jo Ann, I appreciated your comment.  If you live on the southern shore of Lake Superior, perhaps you were acquainted with Fred Rydholm who passed on a year ago.  Fred as a young man was a surveyor and scout for the Huron Mt. Club and well acquainted with Henry Ford, the Longyears, Silus McCormick and many of the fifty old and prestigious families whose descendents continue to maintain the log homes built within the still-secluded 13,000 acre wilderness.  http://www.superiorheartland.com/

        Fred was a founder of the Ancient Artifact Preservation Society.  Here is the link for the AAPS Fall, 2010 Conference in Marquette which I'd listed incorrectly yesterday:

        For anyone planning on attending the AAPS conference in Marquette, MI this September, the following link has a map of wilderness lands hugging the Lake Supeior shoreline between Marquette and the still heavily guarded Huron Mt. Club:  http://www.michiganhighways.org/indepth/M-35_huronmtns.html

        I will likely attend the fall conference this year.  Anyone within our group driving up from the south through Wisconsin on Interstate 39/51 to Upper Michigan two or three days before or after the conference and needs a bed or room overnight, I can sleep six or seven here.  I plan on drivnig through along the full Keweenaw Peninsula coastline before or after the conference, including a stop at Bob Wheeler's and the Copper Harbor petroglyphs (shown on the History Channel documentary), if anyone unfamiliar with the area wants to go along.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
          Received an email from Ancient Artifact Preservation Society secretary, Judy Johnson regarding a new cooperative book to be released soon, estimated delivery by May 1st.  Several AAPS researchers have put together a small book, $6 with shipping included, produced as both a fund-raiser and educational tool. When you buy your copy, you support the donation of one book to a museum, school, or service group.
          COMING FOR COPPER: Michigan Copper in the Bronze Age by AAPS Researchers: Jay Wakefield, Fred Rydholm, Karl Hoenke, Roger Jewell, w/Editing & Design by Judy M Johnson   http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=49

          6th Annual International Conference on Ancient America, September 17th-19th, 2010 (more speakers to be added).  http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=48   (Stone on conference page found in the Keweenaw will be brought to conference by Jo Lorichon)