Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Welcome New Member

  • Martin Carriere
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010
      Welcome Larry. The spelling on your LeCain caught my interest. Do you have the genealogy or history attached to hte spelling.

      Best,

      Martin Carriere

      Message 2 of 11 , May 17, 2011

        "The specified media does not exist"

        http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/Marburg72/?action=view&current=Graphic2.jpg&newest=1

        Thanks for adding your images to AWS then Vinny. But since
        then have you moved them? I only see the last modified
        date on Mar 7, 2010 of Mount Pisgah Stone Carvings in AWS photos http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/photos

        After viewing that suject matter in Jan 2010 involving you Joe & Rick I must say thanks to each of you, it was well recieved & noteworthy enough to renew Mercer University library card.

        Also I wanted to mention a small Museum of Southeastern Indians in Roberta Ga some 26 plus miles west of East Macon. Evidently it seems it has been shut down for whatever reason at the online site and other sites mentioning it anyway... and I've never even visited it but once some years ago and it's been there for years. That of course is something to look into. Could be closing due to funds... I don't know yet calling now... no phone service!

        As some of you may know it was William Bartram that came to this area by way of the Flint River not the Ocmulgee. This of course was even before the tents were set up at Fort Hawkins in East Macon before this fort was even built. This is perhaps one of the cleanest rivers in Georgia. It's basicly a way point to the former Yuchi Town where Fort Benning is now and where DeSoto was in East Macon making campgrounds near where Fort Hawkins is now before heading to Augusta Ga. not to long after Columbus bumped into an isle and headed south.

        be well,
        jamey