Gobekli Tepe Temple Predates the Pyramids of Giza; my renderings about this

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
      Thanks for the comment, Simon.  Please keep us updated about your book, send reviews and links. This is 'our' group and there seems to be admirable humility within this fairly good-sized membership, very little signs of egotistical competitiveness within this fairly good-sized membership.  Thus I like to bring the efforts and work and efforts of each of you to light here....if I learn about you,  or find out in an infrequent Google Search.   Even moreso I like to 'plug' the efforts and continuing involvements we do here as a group, an increastingly international group of peoples exploring intra- and intercontinental waterways.

      I am an interconnector of people and resources, but do have my own rather novice leanings within diffusionist and academically oriented research that swirl around in my head until able to unleash it on paper or keyboard.  Over the years I have run across many references to both the Giza Plateau and regions around the Persian Gulf and the Tigrus & Euphrates as being lush, green, Eden-like places during and toward the end of the last Ice Age.  Which indicates that around 12,500-15,000 years ago drastic changes occurred which radically altered the course of major rivers, possibly worldwide shorelines and land masses.  These time periods that indicate radical changes or cataclysmic upheavals---climactic, geologic, etc.  in the ancient past and now as have dire affects on existing peoples/societies worldwide.  The time framework above and the even more ancient,  little-known epoch that existed between the last two Ice Ages---are what personally interests me most in these fields of investigations into the ancient human past.  Broadfield reexamination into the more ancient past that could have powerful applications into present contexts and where we are heading based on corrections, reversals required due to erroneous misconceptions and narrow evidences of who we were and are as human beings within the natural world of which we have sprung.

      Maybe it is my involvement in healthcare, global emergency disaster relief, and a belief that human civilization may be well into another period of significant overal changes worldwide within my lifetime. My biases should be clear here that I will be disappointed if radical overall changes do not occur within our civilization.  And especially if life, especially within my own First World boundaries of existence becomes once again "business as usual" in the pursuit of individual wealth, drain of natural resources, and survival of the fittest.  Do I think within a rather short period of time radical change can be rational, voluntary, nonviolent?  Based upon intelligent examination and application of the best we have learned from research efforts, education, environmental stewardship, and commitment by those living their religions?   I don't know.   My apologies for getting a bit politial here.  I do think the answer is more in the very distant ancient past of human intelligence than in future technological intelligence based upon the collective beliefs within the current paradigm.

      I brought up the following SEMP '(Suburban Emergency Management Project based near Chicago)  'Grand Canyon of the Nile River' article before.  Fits well within an Ancient Waterways Society and am re-listing it along with two other articles to consider as excavation and analysis of the Gobekli Tepe temple site continues.  And other sites in the Fertile Crescent region and around the world are discovered and dated to particular time periods that may correlate to massive global waterway changes.

      To me, it is more likely the massive pillared temple site in Kurdistan was covered over by the unfathomable volumes of sand by geological, waterway displacements that by human effort alone of hunting and gathering societies.  As suggested in articles on the subject.

      First link is another multi-million dollar SEMP study done around the Persion Gulf.  It will be interesting to see where the Gobekli Tepe temple site is in relation to the banks of what may have been previous shorelines, riverways:

      SEMP: "Persian Gulf Once Dry, Green, and Inhabited by Humans: Implications"   http://www.semp.us/publications/biot_reader.php?BiotID=422
      ...'This research had demonstrated that about 14,000 B.C. the entire present Persian Gulf was a dry valley through which coursed both the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers, which emptied directly into the Gulf of Oman. The Gulf is very shallow in topography. Its maximum depth today is 270 feet and its average depth is around 150 feet.

      Again, suggesting radical changes, relocations, shifts of sand, earth, waters.
      The following SEMP article I've sent previously in relation to the Giza Plateau which may explain water markings along the base of the Great Sphynx, and possible green, fertile lands prior to 12,500 years ago:   "Vast "Grand Canyon" Lurks 8,200 Feet BENEATH Cairo, Egypt" :  http://www.semp.us/publications/biot_reader.php?BiotID=4
      Under the segment "Five Nile Rivers" at the end of the article, make note of the 4th and 5th (present-day) major changes in the course of the Nile River.  Geologist Dr. Robert Schoch and John Anthony West emailed awhile back and expressed interest in the SEMP article I'd sent, more in regard to the "4th Nile", or "The Neonile [that] flowed intermittently between 400,000 and 12,500 years ago (Pleistocene)'.

      My interest has been in the "5th Nile", or ... "'The Modern Nile [that] began flowing 12,500 years ago (Holocene). We know that its sources are the Ethiopian highlands and Central African lakes .."

      Again, hopefully this is not a 'stretch' of mind to continue considering here at our site that brilliant societies and human constructs such as the Göbekli Tepe Temple site, possibly the Sphinz, other structures on the Giza Plateau including the Great Pyramid, and sites elsewhere that are now desert, thrived within lush, green settings prior to the last drastic temporal period of worldwide magnitude suggested above.

      It is hoped that geologists, archaeologists, climatologists, historians, and 'diffusionist' investigators continue to work together excavating more deeply.  Yet also bring together prior scientific studies multi-disciplinarily and reinvestigate what applears to be very clear possibilities of advanced human civilizations that knew, lived, re-created harmoniously with and within the natural and cosmic forces.  And brought forth the apparent genius inherent within the human design that we as a species hardly seem to fathom as possible, even today.  And that we
      as individuals and the human species live that genius created in us and the many dimensions of the natural.  Rather than to merely study and continue to archive mountains and mountains of data and  texts ad infinitum.

      I hope film makers will do exploratory documentaries suggesting such possiblities from the ancient past rather than continuing recreations of long-documented, 'factual' data readily accessed by historians, archaeologist,  and 'proven' by physical scientists.  Facts that lead us to believe in an innate human predisposition for war, destruction, and disease that most believe as inherent, inevitable within all of us. Thus justifying the old adage that history tends to repeat itself.  Especially tragic to me, the horrors of history re-run over and over as far back as the trail of evidence has led.

      Rather than knowing the genius within the human design--- and all aspects of the natural world--- we 'advancing' people of past millinnea have continued to recreate the world into our own toxic image--- based upon what we believe and live from scientific, historical, and religious truths we hold to be self-evident.

      My apologies if this doesn't make good sense...I have a day off today and enjoy this group so much. The ruins still submerged in sand in Turkey set me off.  As did research I delved into of many of the researchers at the Great Pyramid of Giza Research Association several years ago.  And more possible interrelationships between research on ancient waterways between...

      Sincerely,
      Susan