Re: [Thank you Stan

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2010
      Stan,

      I have known earnie boshardt for years and have taken extensive photos of the rock shelter sites with glyphs an graphs in Iowa to share with Dr. Boshardt.  Have you seen the cave of La Moille near RedWing?  One of the pieces I put up was the bull shark glyph there.  Only last year it was reported that one of these fresh water adaptive species was taken by an ice fisherman that was 6 foot in lenght.  The book I saw that these came out of is in the Minnesota Historical Society museum and  the study was done by T H Lewis in 1888.

      Thanks for posting the site pictures and my aim was to get people to the MVAC site.   Thanks for helping spread the word on your site

      Have you been to the pre historic tool workshop at Sillver Mound in MN near Hixton., that is run by MVAC.  I have some good video of kids tossing spears at a hay bale made to resemble a mammoth with drainage tile used for tusks and turnk?

      Ted
      On Feb 21, 2010, at 10:59 AM, minnesotastan wrote:

      I've just written a post at my blog about Wisconsin rock art.  There's nothing "new" in the article, which just summarizes information from the website of the Mississippi Valley Archaeology Center at the University of Wisconsin LaCrosse, but for those unfamiliar with the subject matter, this would be a quick introduction with a couple links.

      Wisconsin cave art post .

      MVAC site .

      You can navigate from the MVAC page to other pages with archaeology info, including a calendar of events, field schools, etc.