Congratulations to Brad Olsen

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9 12:14 AM

      Regarding Ancient Waterways Society member from San Francisco, Brad Olsen , it was just announced that his "Sacred Places North America (2nd ed.)" has won a Gold Award & the First Place winner of the Best Travel Book for the Planet Earth category.

      Brad returned this week from work in Brunei, a country located on the north coast of the island of Borneo in SE Asia.  He emailed me photos from his Facebook page of his trip there: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=181284&id=741587921

      He is scheduled to film the pilot to his "Sacred Places" television program in a few weeks. More on Brad's recent work, scroll down to last November's
      Ancient Science & Modern Secrets Conference in Sedona, AZ.

      As mentioned before, all pages of Brad's books are accessible online free via Googlebooks, such as this from Sacred Places North America, 101 Destinations page on Aztalan:  http://books.google.com/books?id=l4hTCuby90IC&pg=PA286&lpg=PA286&dq=aztalan+sacred+places+offering+stone&source=web&ots=QVgfQ8ENpb&sig=VXyItxFkoqx7Q9lb9o-_MjRSb6Y&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#v=onepage&q=&f=false

      Deb,I hope you et out to investigate the alleged "Mystery Spot" north of Santa Cruz that Olsen lists on p. 91 in the West Coast States chapter of the book listed above, staring on p. 89.)  Prior to the release of Dr. Gordon Freeman's "Canada's Stonehenge" site in Alberta, Brad's illustrative map of the Bighorn Medicine wheel includes not only riverways of Montana and the Dakotas but also Alberta and the area the Freemans have long been investigation.

      All members here...please feel free to post/update our group about your web sites, articles, books you have written, or conferences you are assisting with or featured, etc.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9 12:30 AM

        forgot to include  Olsen's Bighorn Medicine Wheel illustration (below that are his illustrations on the Serpent Mound and Nordic America):   http://www.bradolsen.com/my_art/maps.html

         and the link to 11/09 Ancient Science & Modern Secrets Conference in Sedona: http://www.sedonacreativelife.com/pre1230.html