Hi everyone, New member here - Deborah

  • dbrhhock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2010
      Just wanted to finally say 'Hello' to everyone formally.
      I live on the Coast in Calif., and in accidentally discovering some very ancient looking artifacts, and trying to find any information at all about them, I was led here.
      Very interesting, and informative site you have. Fascinating, is more accurate. I always knew there was something about 'history' that didn't quite fit together. I am glad that there are people trying to link the pieces together.

      Anyways, if anyone has any idea of the age(es), or origins of the artifacts on the following link, I would be most appreciative to hear any thoughts. (Please excuse my horrid photography. It's not one of my better skills).
      These were found at the bottom of a 200 foot cliff at what was then, sea level, in a chunk of what I thought was dried mud.
      It wasn't until a couple of days after I got this beautiful saline crystal covered matrix home, that it cracked open, and the contents in the pictures showed themselves.
      Interestingly enough, there was not a trace of sand in any of this 'dried mud', or the contents.
      There is also what appears to be some sort of ancient city being uncovered by erosion. (These pictures I have posted on the group photo page).
      I have contacted Archaeologists, and 2 nearby Universities, but this doesn't seem to interest them - by their lack of response.
      If you click on a picture, it should enlarge...
      <http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x279/onlyabalone/Artifacts/Indian%20Artifacts/>