Is this the lost city of Atlantis? Grainy images released showing city-like structures beneath the Caribbean Sea | Mail Online

  • joe white
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2009
      O'siyo Brothers, and sisters,

      Please forgive me, I had to send this below Link, just in case it is true.

      Gah gey you e,

      Sitting Owl

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1236651/Is-lost-city-Atlantis-Grainy-images-released-showing-city-like-structures-beneath-Caribbean-Sea.html
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
        Joe, and friends...
        I'm still trying to play catchup with my streams of e-mail posts when i can.

        I love seeing these kinds of discoveries emerge into public view. It is a lamentable dis-service that sensationalism smutches out a lot of good Science by attaching popular myth and storytelling to the find, belittling any legitimate study that might have been considered by responsible sponsors. If the philanthopists think their own reputations might get ridiculed by chasing fairytales, then the desperately needed funding quite often goes away.

        The Truth of Ancient History is that YES there was high civilization and building going on in the warm latitudes during the Ice Ages. ALL coastlines are going to be sprinkled and cluttered with proof that humans conquered the challenge of ocean traffic even during the times we label "Neolithic", Pre-Agriculture, or Archaic. When the ice melted, the advanced societies vanished under the waves. I tend to view this happenstance from the same side of the fence as our esteemed Crichton Miller, when he explains how the Circle Cross as a navigation and survey tool allowed such human expansion possible in the first place.

        As our own modern technology is advancing and we gain the ability to peer beneath the water, it should be exciting and acceptable to find signs of early man's achievements, not slap "Lookit! Atlantis!" on the headline and drive away the possible supporters the Real research needs.

        Whether this particular sighting is real or Photoshop is inconsequential at this point. If not this place, then others like it will be popping up as explorers of the deep continue their questing. Our own "Inner Space" under the oceans should receive as much respect as what we give NASA and moon colony projections.
        My thots.
        -chris

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
          I remember a National Geographic video of an underwater dig in a hot spring in Florida.

          A deep dive under the surface was a cave in the side of what in Mexico would have been called a "Cenote".  Down at a deep level was a campfire ring, bones of a giant megalonix or sloth, stone tools and a human skull.    When the sea level and water table were lower, this would have been in open air.     When the ice melted and the sea rose, all this went underwater.  There is no telling how many sites are out in 200 feet of water off the coast and around every island in the gulf and off the Florida East coast.

          More technology and we will be able to explore these early sites that are now covered over.  Wish somebody would start using lidar radar on the Amazon sites on the East side of the Andes.  On the Iowa Archeology poster of 2009, which may be online, there is a lidar image of the effigy mounds group known as the marching bears, a bit of misnomer if you ask a native wisdom keeper, but a striking image none the less.

          Ted Sojka
          Native Earthworks Preservation