America's Stonehenge in NY Times

  • dave.brody
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2009
      Nice article in today's NY Times regarding America's Stonehenge site in Salem,NH. For those who haven't visited, I highly recommend it as a site that appears to evidence exploration and settlement of America by ancient European peoples. The winter and summer soltice alignments are amazing, and kids will enjoy the Oracle Chamber in which a priest, hiding prone in a narrow stone chamber, spoke through a stone tube, projecting his voice in a way that it seemed to be coming from the mouth of a sacrificed animal (or human?) lying on a sacrificial stone
      slab.

      http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/12/11/travel/escapes/11stonehenge.html

      Some of you may know this site by its previous name, "Mystery Hill."

      -Dave Brody
    • metismartin@yahoo.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2009
        Hi Dave and others
        Busy time indeed for all
        On the teaching stone.tradition the Iroquoian families talk of learning their origin stories while sitting on top of the stone. When the stone first spoke to them is when they first learned of who they were.

        I hope to have some more time in the future to say and hear more yet wish to say how wonderful it feels to know how open and caring all of you are.
        Love and blessing
        Martin Carriere