Re: Iron Age America (+ more on ancient weirs)

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2009
      Great success with the release this week of your new book Iron Age America Before Columbus, William.  I suggest you include the link to your Iron Age America blogspot below the salutations of all your posts and correspondence.  The site also has a number of other interesting PreColumbian articles:

      Speaking of the blog sites of members here, I happened upon a March, 2009 article w/photo from host MinnesotaStan's TYWKIWDBI blog site that Bill Frazier and others might find intriguing:

      And another from Wikepedia of an ancient stone weir in Wales, also an old salmon weir at Vancouver Island: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_weir

      When touring the Aztalan Mounds with Steve Steigerwald last summer, I saw a picture of an old fishing weir on the wall of one of the museum building.  I wonder if Steve or perhaps new member Dave Weier might be able to take a photograph to include in our Photos or Files section.  If the site calls for a title, I'd list it under a  new "Fishing Weirs" category in case Bill Frazier or any of you wish to add other links, photos....weirs very much relates to old/ancient waterways.

      This does not relate to waterways, etc. but I am  including a link to a front page article from my metropoletin area newspaper last week.  The public health and school clinics are what has and will be preoccupying most of my time long into February:  http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20091118/WDH0101/911180672

      Safe traveling and a tasty dinner to all of you here who will be celebrating Thankgiving.

      Susan