Links, AAPS Slide Show, Franey letter to J. Johndon, future AWS field trips

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2009
      Anyone who wants easy reference to any of the Slide Shows below that I am sending here (or anything else of interest to you),  please place them in our Files, labeled w/credits. Thanks, Marti for adding  2 New Links:
      The Lost Pyramids Of Caral Video about Caral and discussion on why people formed civilizations http://www.mazalien.com/the-lost-pyramids-of-caral.html  and
      Caral : the "oldest" town in the New World http://www.philipcoppens.com/caral.html
      Here is, in part, are letters from AAPS Sec. Judy Johnson.  The first includes a link to their newsletter and few AAPS Slide Shows from the September, '09 Conference.  These seem to me to exemplify some of the fine outreach efforts and "free" worldwide 'home schooling' tools available now as the winds of paradigm changes bring floods of new learning and teaching opportunities affordable and accessible to all who can get computer access, translations,  printouts....

      Fitting here,  Slideshows in Judy's e-newsletter(s) include retired airline pilot/sailor, Jeff Bennett's Oceans, Bob Wheeler Petroglyph Conservancy, and Lee Pennington's slides on Roman Coins found along the Oho River Near Louisville, KY.  Lee's program references a photo of Dr. Jim Scherz' 1994 resport (available @ Ancient American):  "Fred Kingman's Roman-Style Coins Found Along the Wisconsin River in the 1970's" .  So many teachings are coming from cooperative groups such as AAPS, Atlantic Conference, AWS, Midwestern Epigraphic, NEARA and so many more, and I am not even surprised anymore when I see names of so many members and regular viewers of our Ancient Waterways group in these interassociative networks of people and groups. The sharing of letters/posts within many of these noncompetitive groups....slides, reports, VideoClips and documentaries coming from these associations make excellenet reference.  They present endless collaborative opportunities and teaching tools on early historic and ancient intra- and inter-continental navigation, trade, diffusion of culture, DNA, etc thorughout the world.
      (10/07/09, from Judy Johnson)  ...OK folks, I have put some shows up on SlideShare.com
      It's the site used by Rick Osmon too, so look him up as well. You can upload slide shows, photos, pages, all without sound.
      If you lose these links you can look under "AAPS Ancient Artifact Preservation Society" or Judy M Johnson

      This will be advantagous to we who saw the programs and want to review them, and especially for you folks who could not make the conference and want to see a bit of what went on there.

      Hoenke Perspective- Musings on Dark Ages, Climates and Connectedness  http://www.slideshare.net/JudyMJohnson/time-travel-by-karl-hoenke ...

      If you click the little "slide screen" in the bottom right of the show, it will go FULL SCREEN so you can easily see them.

      EnJoy!
      Love, Judy
      Please note dates of conf. 2010 and put on your calendar[:]* 6th Annual AAPS Conference on Ancient America
      Marquette Michigan, Sept 17-19th, 2010

      Judy M Johnson, Sec. AAPS
      (Prev. AAAPF) www.aaapf.org
      Ancient Artifact Preservation Society
      PO Box 216, Skandia MI 49885
      PS- I'm sometimes slow in answering email.
      If you need me fast, please phone.
      ph 906-942-7865 or 810-229-5210
       Letter to Judy Johnson/AAPS w/Update from Dr. Brenda Franey, who, some of you may recall was booked with geolgoist Dr. Robert Schoch at Eagle Lodge Resort on Lake Superior (May '08) for the informal Ancient Waterways Society 'pot luck' weekend which many of you attended.  The event centered around the Pennington/ JoLe Productions filming of an upcoming documentary in the Copper Country.  Boston University gradution conflicts arose where Schoch and Franey had to cancel their cabin reservations at the last minute.  They still need 'core copper samples' and perhaps if they and the Penningtons don't mind a small crowd again, perhaps another similar event will come up again.  Any AWS event we have, most I have heard from here prefer we keep costs rock bottom where folks can share meals, campfires, meet in pristine settings where it seems easier to enjoy warm comaraderie with each other and best attune to ancient wisdom.  Than it is to gather expensively and impersonally amongst commercial/urban sprawl. At least for informal gatherings and field trips; formal conferences are a different matter.

      Here is an update to AAPS secretary from Dr. Brenda Franey, and I am adding a link called TimeTrackers, of which she is affiliated:  http://timetrackers.grifco.be/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=74