Some photos

  • Marmot
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 23, 2009
      I added a set of Petro photos, nearly all are in the Moab Utah area, it
      seems when ever you look at a rock face with desert varnish on it there
      is some sort of rock art. All are very easy to get to with the exception
      of the Arches National Park petros which is a hike of several miles and
      then some off trail exploring. The park service won't tell you where
      they are. At the base of those panels are lots of chipped rock from the
      first people working their tools.
      I will remove the Birthing Rock photos soon. Due to other sites in the
      immediate area and experiences I and others have had there it feels like
      an active sacred site.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyeshkah/sets/72157622645143612/detail/
      Marti

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 23, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 116 KB
      Oh shoot. They're a cluster. More'n three. Blows my hope of spotting another bit of evidence to bolster my growing theory. Will have to keep my eyes open for other occurences in patterns. Looking for Lolipop-type shapes connected in threes by loops, almost like Pawn Shop balls. Actually with or without stems, but linked above or below with arcs.
      See attached photo qm172 from our TEP website
      >   http://equinox-project.com/qma172.htm   <
      If anyone sees or knows of such inscription or pictograph elements,
      i'd be happy to get the flagdown as i whiz by.
      -chris

      From: Chris Patenaude <yacrispyubetcha@...>
      To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 7:24 PM

      Vince,
      i'm waay behind again on catching threads.
      Just checked out this link.
      About 10 or 12 slides in , there was a grey-ish toned shot of a rockface showing three images close together like lollipops. Where is that? Part of what site? Any hints or guesses at age? I have a going theory about such shapes that i have three solid examples of and this may be a fourth. One example comes from Bolivian pottery. Another from TEP site in CA. Another is at Garrison's 'Centipede Shelter' in TX. It may relate directly to sightings, measurements or ceremonies surrounding Orion. But i need to know or 'see' by virtual photo if possible, the context in which those three 'lollipop' shapes rest. What direction they face. What direction a person looking at them is facing. et al. Is that a photobucket link of a friend or one of your own?
      Many thanx for any crumbs dropped my way.
      -c

      Message 3 of 13 , Oct 23, 2009
        One small comment, if it makes any sense or connection at all...
        viewing the one pix of the horned shaman-Spirit
        >   http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyeshkah/4037199350/in/set-72157622645143612/   <
        It occurs to me that the Devangari (Sanskrit) numeral for the
        number 4 is a circle with a half-loop on top, like horns.
        4 is generically a Sacred number amongst Nat.Amns. Total balance of all directions etc...
        Whether that has anything to do with the pix, a thot, perhaps.
        -c