links: Copper Country Petroglyphs & (Bartholomew) "Two California Ogam Stones"

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12 11:09 AM

      Thank you for the fine introduction, Laura.  Again, very glad to have you here.

      All, During the last part of the Atlantic Conference '09 dialogue when Rick was speaking and Lee Pennington phoned in,  I put into the Chat Room the link to member Robert Wheeler's Copper Country Petroglyph Conservancy-AAPS Conf '09 web site w/nine Powerpoint slides.  They include two inscriptions from the Houghton, MI site as well as the one near Copper Harbor shown on the two hour "Holy Grail...." History Channel documentary (coming up again twice during the daytime, October 14th).

      The web site appears to be a cooperative effort by Robert Wheeler and designed by artist & AAPS officer, Judy Johnson.  I discovered it accidently when searching the Net for details about the new conservancy for an interested conference attendee in the chat room.  Lee Pennington, who has been to all of the sites said this AM that he too has not seen this wonderful site w/slideshow and is looking forward to seeing it:

      Copper Country Petroglyphs - A Proposal to Preserve Them", by Bob Wheeler: http://www.slideshare.net/JudyMJohnson/wheeler-petroglyphs-conf09

          I am reinserting a link from an earlier post at the request of nonmember-viewer Pat who emailed me about the March, '05 article in Ancient American Magazine he felt could relate to Lake Superior area inscriptions mentioned at our site.  Robert, Chris, Zena, Lee and others here might see similarities or otherwise find the work of the author interesting:

       "TWO CALIFORNIA OGAM STONES"..  by Steve Bartholomew

      also called Baby Rock/Solstice Rock  (near Clear Lake in Lake County, CA) and fifty miles beyond,  Willits Rock (Pomo Petroglyphs):

      http://www.chargedbarticle.org/Two%20Ogams.htm

      Barthalomew added another link, "Last Word?" http://www.chargedbarticle.org/final_word.htm

      Hopefully not the last word in regard to those sites. Perhaps Chris Patenaude might already have become acquainted with him through the Equinox Project in California, or Zena and others here might wish to invite the author to join this group or the Atlantic Conference to promote further inquiries into his work and our investigations here.

      The Ogham inscriptions within lands of ancient Somo peoples  and other waterway navigators of several millinnea carry countless stories around the area's of  hot springs, 'Shambahala...', sacred waters, even a taboo legendary vibrational spring.   As happened with industrialization and continues to this day,  privatization of lands brought about removal of vast earthworks, stoneworks,  artifacts.  Dams such as the one built to create Lake Sonoma submerged valleys long sacred to ancient Somo, Stone Age and early historic peoples.  What remains are the few sacred and precious stories written in stone.

       MSE