Thanks for the reminder, Zena

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2009
      Thank you, Zena, for putting in the link and letting the group know about the Atlantic Conference date.  Doing a Search, I see the Atlantic Conference has been mentioned in 92 posts, half probably by myself.  I think Steve St. Clair calls me a cheerleader for the Atlantic Conf., which I am.   Many of the 92  mentions are repeats because they are cascaded posts beneath relpies sent by members.  I

      While you are here, Zena, right after the YouTube clip came out on the Atlantic Conference of your upcoming talk at the conference, I posted it to the Ancient Waterways site.  It is: http://www.atlanticconference.org/2009/bioZena.html

      And Garth Norman's who gave a fine talk at the Halifax conference last August:   http://www.atlanticconference.org/2009/bioGarthNorman.html

      A reminder here about September 30th coming up on the Atlantic Conf. web site under "When, Where, and How":  http://www.atlanticconference.org/2009/pods.html
      September 30 - Participation Group Online Wine & Cheese
      That's right, we want to get Participation Groups together as much as travel and time allows.  This way, you'll know where you're going, be able to get there successfully on the day of the the conference and meet some of the folks in advance. Please take lots  of pictures as we'll all be posting shots of our participation groups all through the event.

      I'd ordered the 6 Atlantic Conference-Halifax DVD set for Jim Scherz last fall so he is very much on-board for Atlantic Conference.  He also bought Crichton Miller's (UK) book on the Celtic Cross http://www.crichtonmiller.com/ and his "Cross of Thoth" DVD.  Jim also had me order Dr. Gordon Freeman's (Alberta) Canada's Stonehenge.  We applaud the decades of meticulous scientific research and integrity of both gentlemen, very much hope Crichton and Gordon will be asked to speak at a future online or in-the-flesh Atlantic Conference.

      I mentioned to Russ the Atlantic Conf. when he was trying to get to the dinner table and the History Channel documentary yesterday; how does one talk about it in a few words.  I told him I trusted the honesty and multicultural awareness of the founders, that the Sinclairs I knew best are honored to be blood kin with First Nations people from their predecessors early historic contact.  I said I would send the link which Rick just sent me, a link to our Ancient Waterways site to read posts, and to Rick's other blogradio program interview last week when Scott made some insightful remarks that Russ would appreciate.  There is a larger picture to Burrows Cave,  and we have touched on it some time back.  But put up on our site some excellent photos, such as the one Cal sent a few months ago of one of his Burrows Cave rocks.

      The epigraphic, symbology work, and story will continue and enough material for Burrows and Scherz to put into their long-ago intended Volume II accompany the 1992 publication of Rock Art Pieces from Burrows Cave in Southern Illinois: http://openlibrary.org/b/OL478336M/Rock_art_pieces_from_Burrows'_Cave_in_southern_Illinois

      and that this will be highlighted by Jim and Russell at a future Atlantic Conference.  Dr. Scherz said Zena has done some brilliant interpretive work on Burrows Cave artifacts.

      Thank you, for the reminder about the conference date, Zena.

      Susan