Alterations to AAPS Conference Schedule from Judy Johnson for Thu, Fri next week

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2009

      Several here are planning on attending the AAPS Conference in Marquette, Michigan coming up next week.  I received inquiries from two onlookers who are not on the AAPS mailing list and  Judy Johnson is asking that people call her directly re: conference information, reservations, etc.  I also suggest you get on the direct emailing list for changes.  Thursday registration is being changed to Friday because of a program for Fred Rydholm Thursday evening. From Sec. Judy Johnson:

      Dear Friends of AAPS

      Please note in Red a few changes on the schedule for Conf. 09. Am att. and pasting below.

      Instead of early registration Thursday evening September 24th, we are invited to attend:

      7:00 pm Michigan Storytellers Tribute: Room 105, Cohodas Bld NMU, featuring Fred Rydholm

      We'll share cars to leave @ 6:30 to drive up to campus and find seats.

      There's a poster att. but June has sent a correction to the managers of that program: Fred did not plant 2,000 trees in his lifetime....more like 2,000 a year for 60 years!

      We have set Friday morning Registration to begin at 9:00 am, up to lunch time @ noon.

      And two new speakers are within the agenda now...

      Thank you

      Judy M Johnson, Sec. AAPS
      (Prev. AAAPF)
      www.aaapf.org
      Ancient Artifact Preservation Society
      PO Box 216, Skandia MI 49885
      PS- I'm sometimes slow in answering email.
      If you need me fast, please phone. 906-942-7865 or 810-229-5210

      * 5th Annual AAPS Conference on Ancient America
      Marquette Michigan, Sept 24-27th, 2009

      An all-day Red Cross disaster training for nurses in Milwaukee, WI is scheduled for Saturday the 26th so I will be unable to attend the conference in Marquette as planned.  But Wednesday I may be in Michigan for a dental appointment and may drive up to the Keweenaw Peninsula Thursday to attend first annual meeting for the Copper Country Petroglyph Conservancy at Robert Wheeler's in Houghton.  Anyone en route to the AAPS conference and interested in more about the new group, please contact member Bob Wheeler directly.  Members here can access his email address here at Ancient Waterways.