Florida Waterways Vacation

  • v_barrows
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      The last four days Shari and I visited many museums in Florida, including:

      South Florida Museum, Big Tony's Earthwork, Ortona Earthworks, Madira Bickel Mound, Terra Ceia Mounds, Ah-Tah-Thi-ki museum, Safety Harbor Museum, Tampa Bay History Center, DeSoto National Memorial, Historic Spanish Point, and the Bailey-Mathews Shell Museum.

      Here A photo essay of our trip:

      http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/Marburg72/Florida/?start=all

      Of all these places, the most remarkable is Big Tony's Mound. It is completely undisturbed, unplowed, and intact Prehistoric Architecture that is now home to a burrowing owl.

      More to follow.

      Respectfully submitted;
      Vince