Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Welcome Simon

  • Jen's Network
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
      hi susan,,,
      i am sending this link
      to nancy --- who may
      or may not be interested
      in joining your yahoo group.
      love,,,jen
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 12:04 PM
      Subject: [ancient_waterways_society] Welcome Simon

      An enthusiastic welcome to Simon Brighton from the UK who joined our group a few days ago.  Please introduce yourself as you feel comfortable and how you learned about out group.
      I am a co-host, as is Vince Barrows from New Orleans.  MinnesotaStan is designer and host of the Ancient Waterways Society YahooGroup.

      All,
      I've not been over-seeing this group much since the modem for my desktop apparently got damaged during an electrical storm two or three weeks ago.  I posted two days ago from my laptop but must have lost the wireless signal (and letter), thus will write posts from my Yahoo email account where incomplete messages are automatically saved as a Draft.  I can write from a laptop but am dependent upon pirating wireless signals when neighbors go online.  Am currently on a library computer with time restrictions.  I will tune into this site when able but with this new circumstance besides continuing vision problems until I qualify for eye surgery next summer, we should look for another co-host so Vince (and Stan) have another person over-seeing the site, greeting newcomers,  etc. Anyone interested, please let Stan or Vince know.

      This being an amicable and democratic group, I hope most feel comfortable taking on roles of welcoming newcomers, acknowledging and/or responding to posts which call for such.  There has been some crucial information and excellent networking going on via this site, thanks to many posting and making replies.

      The number of members here from continents beyond North America makes this group truly an ancient global waterways society. Personal experience and careful research from each of your areas of the world opens us all further to early historic and ancient intercontinental navigation. It would be helpful if members clearly specify geographical locations, regions, sometimes continents when inserting links and mentioning particular sites.
      Again, good to have you here, Simon.

      AAPS-Rydholm Postcard for Float Copper & Keweenaw museum land:

      "The ancient scientific and spiritual wisdom that has shaped our past and still influences our future is part of a forgotten and often hidden system that reaches back beyond the current established religions, further than Ancient Egypt into an age where Mankind lived in harmony with Nature."

      Crichton Miller (UK) from his book The Golden Thread of Time

    • beldingenglish
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2009
        All,
        I am back online here again able to use my home computer (the Verizon repairman said my PC is so bogged down it is cheaper to buy a new, which I cannot do).  I am nevertheless unbogging past correspondence.  Thanks to a dozen of you here for the fine posts and articles the past couple of weeks.  About the time my computer went kaput a couple of weeks ago, mooring stone researcher/member, Judy Rudebusch posted thid note to my email box:
        Welcome, Mr. Brighton.

        We crossed paths via email when Scott Wolter was doing research on the Hooked X.  Your thoughts and experiance will be greatly appreciated by all in this group.
        Judi Rudebusch
        ........Then, replying to me:
        Sorry, I thought I was responding to the group and I wanted to welcome Simon.  He is in the History Channel movie that is coming out on Sept 20   dealing with Scott's work.
        I bring this up two weeks later because Judy's emails led me to some excellent sites I can put up to further introduce our newest member, Simon, a photo in the Hooked X web site below telling about the upcoming HISTORY CHANNEL docomentary.  The site states September 21st, but first showing of the documentary in the United States is September 20th, I believe 8PM EST (more in upcoming email.)

        http://www.hookedx.com/film.asp  (Members or friends of Anceint Waterways included in photos at The Hookied X site are Simon Brighton, David Brody, Scott Wolter,  & Atlantic Conference sponsor, Niven Sinclair:  http://www.hookedx.com/film.asp

        Margaret LutzPam Giese from the UK, and many other members here will be looking toward the 2010 release of a book Simon is co-authoring:
        Echoes of the Goddess: A Quest for the Sacred Feminine in the British Landscape:

        M. Susan English
        ANCIENT WATERWAYS SOCIETY
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/
        AAPS-Rydholm Postcard for Float Copper & Keweenaw museum land:

        "The ancient scientific and spiritual wisdom that has shaped our past and still influences our future is part of a forgotten and often hidden system that reaches back beyond the current established religions, further than Ancient Egypt into an age where Mankind lived in harmony with Nature."
        Crichton Miller (UK) from his book The Golden Thread of Time

      • simon brighton
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2009
          Dear all

          Thanks very much look forward to reading more of the excellent posts.

          all the best simon