Florida History

  • v_barrows
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
      The links below show a few interesting mounds in florida. Both have been built surrounded by a waterscape (moat) and both include angular projections.

      http://www.flheritage.com/facts/reports/places/Sites/8PB00048_mound.cfm

      http://florida.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,292360,n,tonys%20mound.cfm

      My wife and I will be visiting these places on saturday of this week and hope to get a few more photos to share.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2009
        For an article on Tony's Mound, See Page 17 of the following Florida Anthropologist (1948):
        http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/UFDC/?s=flant&m=hd20J&i=60515