Re: Major Problems in Sciencific fields

  • james m. clark jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2007
      I am sure many recall the epic documentation of the "Ice Man" or
      "Oxey" or whatever term was used for this man.

      If H.G. Wells were alive and well with burbon in hand, he would
      immediately be amused by a comical script for his next movie and
      contemplating a lawsuit for wardrobe manipulations declaring that his
      sketch of a rare Greek Electrum vase (Outline Vol. I, p. 243) is in
      fact the Scythian costume he had in mind for his main character just
      before typing a message to Thor asking him if he would be his lawyer
      pleading for the body of K"nman and they would win the case if I was a
      part of the Jury and I'm sure they would have found that arrow with
      mere x-ray observation within the first weeks end.

      ok maybe not

      "Brenner was the son of Mader. He was an "Engl"nder" and king of
      the Schwaben. His wife was Th"m"rin (Tomyris), queen of the Getae,
      Dacians and Scythians. Brenner sent her troops to help in the war
      against Cyrus. He also defeated Darius who tried to invade the lower
      Danube region. Together Brenner and Th"m"rin conquered much of Asia
      Minor as far as Armenia. His nephew K"nman, son of Sigweis, was king
      of the Bavarians. Brenner expelled K"nman and 300,000 Bavarians from
      Bohemia and resettled that region with Schwaben, who then became known
      as Markmannen. Some of the expelled Bavarians settled in Bavaria
      proper, but by far the largest number of them crossed the Alps into
      Italy, from where they drove out some of the Etruscans. After the
      death of K"nman, the Bavarians of Italy were ruled by the kings Zeck,
      Ber (who built Bern or Verona) and Breitmar."

      could be Rice, T. Talbot, "The Scythians". London, 1959.

      or Herman L. Hoeh COMPENDIUM OF WORLD HISTORY Vol. I & II

      or a copy of Hoeh's work
      http://cgca.net/coglinks/wcglit/hoehcompendium/hhc1toc.htm

      ------------------

      Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy Vol. 104C, 107-129 (2004)

      Archaeology, Celtic Studies, History, Linguistics, Literature

      A NEW APPROACH TO EARLY CELTIC ART
      By OTTO-HERMAN FREY, MRIA

      [Received 19 December 2002. Read 25 September 2003. Published 30
      December 2004.]

      ABSTRACT

      All modern studies of early Celtic art begin with the work of Paul
      Jacobsthal. In the sixty years since his magisterial study, however,
      there have been many new discoveries and there has been much
      discussion concerning the deeper meaning of Celtic art. Particularly
      significant in this regard are the two recently discovered Early La
      Tène burial mounds on the Glauberg in Hesse in Germany. Not only did
      these burials yield bronzes of major significance, a unique, almost
      life-sized human carving displaying weapons and personal ornaments
      was also found. The finds from the Glauberg shed much new light on
      the nature of early Celtic art. The influence of the ETSRUCANS of
      north Italy is especially evident.

      http://www.ria.ie/publications/journals/ProcCI/2004/PC04/PC04.html

      Full Text (pdf includes fine images)

      http://www.ria.ie/publications/journals/ProcCI/2004/PC04/PDF/104C05.pd

      ----------------------

      Hoeh was a very gifted man used as a religous puppet.
      You can ignore the religious overtones, but then again
      the historical record of biblical mythology along with
      viable documentation as well as traditions and folklore
      in old world ethos are somewhat interesting with a number
      of references to ancient text, parchments, cuniform ect
      in a verity of languages and various culture records
      which is a very rare to find inasmuch as finding other
      online sources on-line translated into english yet peppered with
      american british israelite theories.

      It appears that Herodotus isn't considered to be a reference
      as far as i know otherwise I wouldn't have sent any of this,
      but I just happened to have another day off (sorry for so many posts)

      Herodotus: Queen Tomyris of the Massagetai and the Defeat of the
      Persians under Cyrus

      I.215: In their dress and mode of living the Massagetai resemble the
      Scythians. They fight both on horseback and on foot, neither method is
      strange to them: they use bows and lances, but their favorite weapon
      is the battle-axe. Their arms are all either of gold or brass. For
      their spear-points, and arrow-heads, and for their battle-axes, they
      make use of brass; for head-gear, belts, and girdles, of gold. So too
      with the caparison of their horses, they give them breastplates of
      brass, but employ gold about the reins, the bit, and the cheek-plates.
      They use neither iron nor silver, having none in their country; but
      they have brass and gold in abundance.

      I.216: The following are some of their customs: Each man has but one
      wife, yet all the wives are held in common; for this is a custom of
      the Massagetai and not of the Scythians, as the Hellenes wrongly say.

      rest @
      http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/tomyris.html

      be well,