Was Columbus 100% Portuguese?

  • james m. clark jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2007
      http://www.apol.net/dightonrock/columbus_was_100_portuguese.htm

      I recall an article I read over a decade ago that stated that Columbus
      was a Spanish Jew. Of course, this was an assumption, however what
      some early scholars suggested regarding Columbus visitation to Iceland
      seems somewhat comical as well, I'm not even aware of such a suggetion
      following 1943. It is one of the few times I would agree with the
      majority of historians, but on the other hand this would explain the
      intimate knowledge of a so called Columbus, but if history can be
      decoded like Ancient Runes, it would make more sense if he was
      Portuguese and knew a lot more other than the Portuguese nautical
      chart of 1424.

      Now if the Harvard classics would just lose the word "monster" history
      would be just a little bit more clearer concerning his letter
      concerning translation.

      http://www.aslongas.itrini.com
      http://nefertamu.tripod.com/joca.html

      be well,
      jamey
    • Rick Osmon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2007
        jamey,

        I thought Columbus was Genovese, not Portugese...??

        I am not convinced that he went to Iceland, but he did sail several
        times to Bergen, Norway on the then very well established trade route
        for dried fish. Supposedly, on at least two of these trips, he
        encountered North American funeral boats carried over on the Gulf
        Stream, so he knew there was something in the west.

        He probably also had maps gained from Irish, Norse, or Germanic
        cartographers. He somehow knew that the currents off the west coast of
        Africa went in the correct direction. Who told him that? He had never
        been there before 1492, so it wasn't firsthand knowledge.

        Five hundred fifteen years later, he is still credited for a
        "discovery" that amounted to little more than stealing other people's
        secrets and using other people's knowledge.

        Oz

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "james m. clark jr."
        <jameyboy@...> wrote:

        > http://www.apol.net/dightonrock/columbus_was_100_portuguese.htm
        >
        > I recall an article I read over a decade ago that stated that Columbus
        > was a Spanish Jew. Of course, this was an assumption, however what
        > some early scholars suggested regarding Columbus visitation to Iceland
        > seems somewhat comical as well, I'm not even aware of such a suggetion
        > following 1943. It is one of the few times I would agree with the
        > majority of historians, but on the other hand this would explain the
        > intimate knowledge of a so called Columbus, but if history can be
        > decoded like Ancient Runes, it would make more sense if he was
        > Portuguese and knew a lot more other than the Portuguese nautical
        > chart of 1424.
        >
        > Now if the Harvard classics would just lose the word "monster" history
        > would be just a little bit more clearer concerning his letter
        > concerning translation.
        >
        > http://www.aslongas.itrini.com
        > http://nefertamu.tripod.com/joca.html
        >
        > be well,
        > jamey

      • james m. clark jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2007
          Historically speaking it is a bit ironic, but as far as an assumption
          that someone is 100% anything is a bit one-sided. However there were
          better barter deals.

          Colon (Columbus) being a Jew more than likely knew of the ancient tin
          mines that Herodotus himself had not the faintest idea from where the
          empire recieved it, according to Herodotus in his day, from what
          island(s)tin came from as well as made a pre-columbian comment about
          the earth being round in the same paragraph I believe. I have Joyce's
          version of "The Greek Way" but it's in two sections and I gave away my
          book binder.

          At any rate, one possible tin mine, by tradition I assume is on the
          east coast of England that is said to have been once called "Jews
          Mine" or something like that.

          Perhaps some sort of conspiracy or an agreement was involved
          against that within secret societies involving the good name of Rome,
          Portugal Spain and England whom had the tin that was much needed in
          west at the time of conquest, and fabricated a Columbus tradition for
          a "Merica" name. For Spain, it would have also given them a good name
          dispite earlier Islamic infuences that some modern historians have the
          idea that under Islamic controlled regions was actually a "safe haven"
          for Jews (Canton for instance which can be found to this day in a
          local booksamillion...in the south anyways). However many kindoms of
          Europe depended on Jewish funds as well as education. No debt is
          better than an old debt.

          For over 700 year the works of a Jew was considered to be fundamental
          for christion thinkers, suposedly it was the work of an anonymous
          christain author called "The Fountain..." it is also said in Bryan
          Magee's idea of western philosophy that the work of RaMBaM
          (Maimonides)was just as fundamental for Christian thinkers, however if
          I'm not mistaken that same book was intended for Islamic thinkers
          because they were having trouble understanding Aristotle, which was
          burned by Jews just prior to the 4th inquisition intended for the
          Lumbard revolt... with good reason knew that they (the Jews) would be
          As far as pre-colubian ideas of Rome to save some, it was also believe
          that Native Americans were Caanites...save some but send the rest a
          plague etc ect.

          be well,
          jamey

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Osmon"