World's oldest map: Spanish cave has landscape from 14,000 years ago - Telegraph

  • Richard Murray
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2009

        Richard,

        A member here for some time, I don't believe you have written but once or twice before, but the article on the 14,000 year old stone map found in Spain is a real goodie, especially to one member of the research team who said nothing like it has ever been found in western Europe, may help further understanding of early modern human capacities of spatial awareness, planning and organized hunting.  I found it interesting the map could have been an avenue for storytelling and a teaching device.

        Thank you for sending the link, Richard; anyone finding more on this, please pick up the posts under this heading  and hit the Reply beneath the message to cascade answers and maintain it with the original Post.

        Susan