Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Grand Village of the Natchez and Emerald Mound

  • charles bruns
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 8:24 AM
      one would assume the great sun lived on the western hump of this giant site.  now if there was a city of thousands between this platform and the river, much vegetation would have been cleared by inhabitants, plus he (she?) could look down to the river over his people.  possibly at sunset the last rays would illuminate a figure standing there.
      all i saw was the mound years ago while traveling the natchez trace.  my ex has never let me live down that i dragged her to someplace that, "needs a lot of mowing" & "has nothing to see", rather than her Shelby Foote inspired desire to see the Vicksburg fortifications
      Char Bruns