Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Kassly-Schaefer Tablet

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2009
      I am writing to share a video showing the fit-up of two matching pieces of the Kassly Schaefer Tablet.
      It is called "Another Piece of the Puzzle" and this video shows Bill Iseminger with Liz Kassly. Liz fits up a side of the Sandstone tablet found in Old Valmeyer, Illinois.

      The site of discovery is now a farmers field, and is situated at the confluence of the Meramec and Mississippi River.

      Liz Kassly showed me the exact site that she found the tablet.

      A few years ago, after a rainstorm, I found the only "Cahokia Point" that I have ever found nearly two feet from the Kassly Tablet. The cahokia point was made from Chert that was at the interface of a black and white piece. It was made so one half of the point was white and the other half was black chert.

      More to discuss later.

      Vince