FW: Friends of Aztalan Annual Picnic

  • Steven Steigerwald
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 7:47 AM

      Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:01:45 -0700
      From: birmi@...
      Subject: Friends of Aztalan Annual Picnic
      To: birmi@...

      The Friends of Aztalan State Park annual membership picnic will held Aug. 23 from 11:00 AM  to 2:00 PM at Aztalan State Park. There will a program and displays of the ancient Native American foods and a "Taste of Ancient Aztalan" featuring foods and dishes consumed by the people at the site 900 years ago. We might even have something from our own Native American garden at the park. There will be picnic tables but you might  want to bring your own lawn chair. The Friends will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, buns sweetcorn, and refreshments.  Table ware, utensils, napkins and condiments will be  donated by our friends at the Aztalan Inn Bar and Grill.. If you can, bring a dish to pass. Non-members are are welcome. A day pass or state park annual sticker is needed but can be purchased at the park.

      For those interested a tour of the site will follow at  2:00 as part of our usual Sunday tours program.

      Bob Birmingham
      Executive Director
      Friends of Aztalan State Park

      Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.