Kassly-Schaefer Tablet

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25 6:39 PM
      Update on the Kassly-Schaefer Tablet;

      Liz Kassly found another fragment of the figural carved broken sandstone tablet that was plowed up in Valmeyer, IL.

      Kassly has put together a short film of fitting the broken piece with the larger part of the tablet.

      Today, Liz sent this update:
      "My girl is going to put our little film of me fitting another piece on the birdman tablet on u-tube...hopefully by next week...i'll let ya know"

      I will keep AWS updated on the u-tube link.

      Vince
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2009
        I am writing to share a video showing the fit-up of two matching pieces of the Kassly Schaefer Tablet.
        It is called "Another Piece of the Puzzle" and this video shows Bill Iseminger with Liz Kassly. Liz fits up a side of the Sandstone tablet found in Old Valmeyer, Illinois.

        The site of discovery is now a farmers field, and is situated at the confluence of the Meramec and Mississippi River.

        Liz Kassly showed me the exact site that she found the tablet.

        A few years ago, after a rainstorm, I found the only "Cahokia Point" that I have ever found nearly two feet from the Kassly Tablet. The cahokia point was made from Chert that was at the interface of a black and white piece. It was made so one half of the point was white and the other half was black chert.

        More to discuss later.

        Vince