Welcome Ross Hamilton (Serpent Mound, Ohio)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2009

      Greetings to another new member Ross Hamilton, of Cincinatti, Ohio that Vince Barrows and others have mentioned in posts here.  Ross spoke at a conference October, 2007 in Wilmington, Ohio put on by the collaborative efforts of Midestern Epigraphic Society/THOR/Ancient Artifact Preservation Society (AAPS). He is author of The Mystery of the Serpent Mound: In Search of the Alphabet of the Gods: http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Serpent-Mound-Search-Alphabet/dp/1583940030

      I believe the artwork on the ocver of his book was done by Ross. (Ross, soon as the AWS site corrects itself, click Messages at left, scroll back a couple of days and I think you will enjoy member Ted Sojka's drawings).

      Here is a link to an excellent videoclip & tribute to the Serpent Mounds site and Ross' work by a  peaceful young woman named Kandice.  with her family. It suggests great antiquity to the Southern Ohio Serpent Mound: Ancient & Sacred Serpent Mound ~ Possible Birth Place of Humanity ~ Giant Snake & Native Lore. Note aerial photos and caves toward the close:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJIMOg-X3is

      Below too is a 2004 interview of Ross by "Unknown Country" founder Whitley Strieber. I am heading to work on a CSA farm and will have to listed to tonight: http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/?id=166

      I don't think Ross will mind my inserting part of a letter he emailed me a couple of weeks ago which tells more about the Serpent Mound, of which he is closely affiliated and continues to carry ongoing responsibilities (I had been urging him to attend one of the AAPS conferences):

      Our work details and duties may be increasing at Serpent Mound however, as the park management has been awarded to the Arc of Appalachia, with the Friends of Serpent Mound playing a much-needed supporting role. Lesley and I may have to be there every weekend except for other speaking engagements.

      In Searching and reading of Internet links I have been sorting through the last couple of weeks since Monette Bebow-Reinhard of the Old Copper Culture Museum near Green Bay, William Connor and Ross Hamilton of Ohio -- same as when you others joined our group --- I feel as though I am in a wonderfully never-ending classroom. I hope to carry some of what I learn from all of you here to talking circles I have been invited to join near and around Lake Superior.

      In his initial posts when founding the web group, host MinnesotaStan referred to our Ancient Waterways Society as an "online meeting place". [Vince, I see on his blogsite, Stan is on vacation for a week]

      We welcome you, Ross (and Leslie), and all who come to this site as members and nonmember onlookers. Thank you also to the long term members for staying on as members here since 2004, and for your contributions to the group.     Susan