Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Omahkiyaahkohtoohp and the Covenant League of Five Nations

  • joe white
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 17, 2009
      O'siyo Brothers, and sisters,

      The 50 Chiefs is no accident.

      7 X 7= 49  plus 1= 50  Jubilee.

      See jubilee stone at   www.centralbandofcherokee.org

      Gah gey you e,

      Sitting Owl

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 10:09 AM
      Subject: Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Omahkiyaahkohtoohp and the Covenant League of Five Nations

      Hi Vince,

      I have held your question in mind for a while to see if it would link up.

      There are many medicne wheel formations and sacred circles out west. The Dene who travelled from the south (the same as the original Iroquoian people) may have been part of these old markings before they got pushed further into the hills. They were certainly very versed at weaving and the making of belts. Yet the Lakota, Cree and others also became quite skilled at this.

      The sacred circles could just be common to understanding and respecting the soul as the centre of creation. When the soul of the people is held sacred and in plain view then our destiny is shared.

      As other speakers at the Atlantic Conference explained the circles and markings over the last 10,000 years or more are a shared tradition with parallels in time and space with the old world. Yet only a few understand, or have the mind to hold these at bay from the modern world. Whether the peacemaker drew on the old Egyptian record keeping or the Arthurian or the Incan the soul is still in the same place in our holy of holiest spaces near our heart with our sacredness of purpose in this creation world.

      I don't know if that answers your enquiry yet it what my heart dished up for words.

      Best to all,

      Martin Carriere