KENNEWICK MAN IS ASIAN, NO EURO/ Dr. Mike Ruggeri web sites

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2009
      Cal,

      Ineresting article.  I once was a member of Mike Ruggeri's list called Aztlan, or something. I am not sure if Vince had also joined awhile back.  I/we were trying to find an archaelogist who might go out on a limb and tie MesoAmerica in with the N. American moundbuilders.  Perhaps Dr. Hristov, archaeolgist member of our group from New Mexico who spoke at the Atlantic Conference has made such interconnections in his research....his web site again is: http://www.unm.edu/~rhristov/  Hopefully he still reads posts...

      Ruggeri is a professor and archaeologist but I cannot find background material on him right now but he has dozens of various web sites under numerous archaeolgical topics.   Here are a couple (Monette-no mention that I could see in his site on the possibly 7500+ year old Oconto, WI/Lake Michigan sites where the museum you oversee rests).  Or some of the sites in other states many here are researching:

      In MIKE RUGGERI'S THE ANCIENT AMERICAS BREAKING NEWS:

       ran across a June 9, 2009 article some here might find interesting:

      "Ancient Settlements Found Under Lake Huron"

      Researchers have located what may be caribou hunting structures and  camps 100 feet deep under Lake Huron. Due to its location, the entire landscape has been preserved unlike above ground sites. The research has been published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of  Sciences. Hunting pits, camps, caribou drive lanes and stone piles used to drive the caribou into ambushes have been sighted. The underwater site is between Ontario and Michigan. State of the art tools were used to find likely places for underwater sites and the tools were successful in finding the site. The site will help in understanding how Native Americans moved from the Paleo-Indian to the Archaic era. It is hoped they will find intact settlements at the site with organic materials.

      Science Daily has the story here;
      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090608182543.htm

       Thanks for sending the link, Cal.   SisterSuz

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, TRAYLOROO <trayloroo@...> wrote:

      > Subject: [ASNM-L] Kennewick Man update

      Listeros,