writing in cave, "Carvings from Cherokee Script's Dawn", Sequoyah syllabary

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23 6:21 AM

      Ted,

      I hope you don't mind my adding to the title from the New York Times article to make this fine article more easily retrievable.  Indeed tragic are the last four paragraphs.

      Thanks for sending the fine article which brings recognition of this dedicated inventor, leader and teacher.

      ... MSE

       In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Ted Sojka <tedsojka@...> wrote:

       http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/science/23cherokee.html

      A find in the Times.