Fwd: Diffusionist Dictionary

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2009
      One site that has maps is:

      http://www.spanishhill.com/maps/default.shtml

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: LAR7436@...
      Date: June 1, 2009 12:32:58 PM CDT
      To: tedsojka@...
      Subject: Re: Diffusionist Dictionary

      Hi Ted  ~  Did you get my "subject matter" email of 5/14?

      I need to ask you another question as you are my only correspondent in AWS and (dumb me) can't figure out how to post a message. Do you know of any small-scale maps available that name the river systems of the U.S.? I am especially interested in the northeastern U.S. and the territories of the "moundbuilders" and the Copper Culture. This is probably old hat to members of the AWS but I need a reference map to locate all the rivers I read about.

      Thanks  ~  Larry

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2009
        Ted,
        Within the link you sent is this excellent detailed Iroquis Five Nations and Missions Sites map (1656-1684) that includes Lake Ontario.riverways- 1879:

        David, you asked about maps that name the river systems of the United States, here is an interactive map you may zoom in and out of across the US. From the David Rumsey Map Collection: River systems of the United States by A. Von Steinwehrhttp://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~29159~1130219:Map-of-the-river-systems-of-the-Uni

        David, there are others besides myself here who are fairly new to these areas of research, so please do not hesitate to ask questions,  share ideas,  hopefully a description of the book you are working on.

        In regard to your having difficulty posting,  others may be able to state it more simply, but I generally write my posts first to a word processing page, or Yahoo Mail site because compositions are automatically saved as a Draft if I accidently back out of the page.  After finishing my letter, I scan and paste it, enter the Ancient Waterways Society Home Page, click Post , then Rich-Text Editor which gives you more texting choices.  Insert a title under "Subject", paste your letter into the space under the Subject heading and click "Preview" or "Send".  One warning:

        once you begin a new Post (or insert one from your email site), do not use the back arrow or click off the page, or everything you have written will be lost and usually unretrievable. I and others have lost many of our posts this way.
        If instead of starting a new subject you wish to respond to a specific Post, click Reply which is listed in small print above Message or large blue box below Message.  All replies within a particular subject are cascaded at the bottom of the page.

        Once again, David, it is good to have you as a member.
        Susan
        M. Susan English, co-host
        ANCIENT WATERWAYS SOCIETY
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/
        AAPS-Rydholm Postcard for Float Copper & Keweenaw museum land:

        "The ancient scientific and spiritual wisdom that has shaped our past and still influences our future is part of a forgotten and often hidden system that reaches back beyond the current established religions, further than Ancient Egypt into an age where Mankind lived in harmony with Nature."

        Crichton Miller (UK) from his book The Golden Thread of Time