Loaner books & DVD's circulating to AWS members (Media Mail)

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2009

      All,

      Intended months ago,  I finally sent a package of books and DVD's on-loan to Vince Barrows last week.  He will then mail the DVD's to the next Ancient Waterways member(s) who posts a request at this group site.  Media Mail rate for the box of books and DVD's was about $4.  Sending the DVD's to each other will be probably half that.  I ask that you  pay postage to the next iuterested person,  or back to me:

      Susan English--1045 St. Austin Aveuue--Wausau, WI 54403

      Vince, let me know when the package arrives and who or if anyone else is interested in borrowing the DVD's for a couple of weeks.  With the next 'virtial" online Atlantic Conference coming up in early October 2009,  many here may wish to view the six DVD's of the conference speakers.  Sponsors and speakers include half a dozen Ancient Waterways Society members who were very involved with the conference held last August, and will be again:

      1.  6-set DVD's of the Atlantic Conference-Halifax-for newcomers unfamiliar with the AC in Nova Scotia, see YouTube: http://www.atlanticconference.org/

      2.  2 DVD's by members Lee & Joy Pennington.  See JoLeProduction for details of the two documentaries I have circulating: http://www.joleproductions.com/catalog.php

      -- "The Mound Builders" ,  51 mins.

       -- "A Tribute to Marion Dahm" (Viking & KRS researcher) 22 mins.

      3. A DVD for the first three who want one of these, as the package circulates:   "A Mi'kmaq Perspective" (DVD); filmed at a rustic Nova Scotia lodge and example of excellent dialogue between several Mi'kmaq representatives and former Premiers,  members of Parliament. Or, free copies can be mailed to you through Moira  @ http://www.democracy250.ca/

      I hope to have the Atlantic Conference DVD's and Pennington tapes back by first week in August as will be showing them informally throught a three day weekend within a large canvas teepee in the Keweenaw Peninsula during the metaphysical "People's Fair" August 7, 8, 9, 2009 at Prospectors Paradise Rock Shop (Admission for weekend $1.00). (Highly likely that members Jen Tibbles, Norm Thomas from this group will be there most of the weekend....anyone else, feel free to come and hang out for the weekend.  Vndors are also welcome at the small, friendly festival).     Prospector's Paradise is among the world's largest rock & mineral/fossil shops, located on US hwy 41...the shop is just below what many call an "energy vortex" similar to those acclaimed in Sedona, AZ.  This place is part of the July '09 AAPS Field Trip/Conference tour: http://www.keweenaw.info/details_233_prospectorsparadise.aspx

      Also on loan in the box I sent are two books, which Vince may keep longer for analyzing symbols, etc. for his use and our site, but loanable from me at a later date.  Re: the second book listed, permission granted to post photos and other material from his book to the AWS site but author Jim Scherz asks that proper and specific credits be cited alongside each photo,  data, analyses taken from the text.

      1.  The Mystery Cave of Many Faces: First in a Series on the Saga of Burrows' Cave (Hardcover) by Fred Rydholm & Russell Burrows

      http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Cave-Many-Faces-Burrows/dp/B0006EZ6MC

      2.  Rock Art Pieces from Burrow's Cave: Vol. 1
      by Dr. James P. Scherz, Prof. Emeritis, UW-Madison School of Engineering  (scroll to description via Ancient American Book Store): http://www.ancientamerican.com/bookclub9.htm

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        Dear Susan;

        Thank you kindly for sending the wonderful tapes. We have received them on friday and we watched the tapes all evening. The dvd includes excellent quality footage and sound of the Atlantic conference presentations. Presentations are thoughtfully put together and included question and answer sessions after each speaker.
        Among my favorite speakers are Michael Thrasher and Stephen Augustine who shared secret wisdom of the Amerindian.
        Thanks again Susan for sending these wonderful books and tapes. next I will send them to Ted Sojka, and I plan to include along a few books of my collection.

        best regards;
        Vince

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2009

          All,

          The DVD's, books w/many additons from Vince are en route New Orleans to Iowa now.  Those who wish to be next, please write to this site so we know who is interested.  But next one on the list, please email your mailing address to Ted Sojka.  Susan (note from Vince today below. I added a * to the DVD's & books he has added.  See original message below his list for description of my DVD's & books):

          Thanks again for the loaner books and DVDs. I sent them to Ted Sojka this morning via media mail. Also added a few goodies of my own too.

          The list of DVDs includes:
          1. Atlantic Conference 2008
          2. Democracy - A mi'kmaq perspective
          3. *The Early History of the Illinois Indians
          4. *Bannerstones: An Ancient Native American art tradition
          5. Tunnel of Time - Lee and Joy Pennington
          6. Mound Builders - Lee and Joy Pennington

          The list of Books includes:
          1. The mystery cave of many faces
          2. The lost pyramids of Rock Lake
          3. Mystery people of the Cove
          4. *Atlantis in Wisconsin by Frank Joseph
          5. *Material Culture of Key Marco
          6.  *History of Monks Mound

          Hope that you enjoy them and if anyone else is interested, please forward them along. I would like the ones I added to be returned when everyone is finished.

          Thanks
          Vince

[...]

          2.  2 DVD's by members Lee & Joy Pennington. See JoLeProductions for
[...]

          Books circulating:
          1.
          The Mystery Cave of Many Faces: First in a Series on the Saga of
           Burrows' Cave
          (Hardcover) by Fred Rydholm & Russell Burrows
          http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Cave-Many-Faces-Burrows/dp/B0006EZ6MC

          2.  Rock Art Pieces from Burrow's Cave: Vol. 1
          by Dr. James P. Scherz, Prof. Emeritis, UW-Madison School of Engineering
          (scroll to description via Ancient American Book Store):
          http://www.ancientamerican.com/bookclub9.htm

           Susan

          M. Susan English
          1045 St. Austin Avenue
          Wausau, WI 54403
          715 212 5659 CP
          AAPS-Rydholm Postcard for Float Copper & Keweenaw museum land:

          "The ancient scientific and spiritual wisdom that has shaped our past and still influences our future is part of a forgotten and often hidden system that reaches back beyond the current established religions, further than Ancient Egypt into an age where Mankind lived in harmony with Nature."

          Crichton Miller (UK) from his book The Golden Thread of Time