OGHAM or OGAM - Burrows Cave

  • TRAYLOROO
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 8:51 PM

      TO ALL:

      Classic Ogam (Ogham) is seen on this Burrows Cave artifact.  Open the page and hit your PAGE DOWN button four times.  Hopefully in your monitor window will appear this etched stone held in a hand. Along the top edge is Ogam.  I am not certain the author of that article noticed the Ogam.

      Would you believe me If I tell you it means: "Tonight - dancing  at  beach."

      In its day, it was an international language as was French at one time, now English, soon Chinese ... It seems proper to be written on any axis, sometimes a natural crack in a rock may be

      Out of my head:  Ogam, or in the archaic as Ogham.  Try both in your search window. It was in use about 800 years.

      Cal

    • TRAYLOROO
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15 9:29 PM

        Maybe a better analogy would be Ogam is an alphabet ... with which any language could be written.

        Some Ogam guru could respond,

        Cal