beaker culture

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 6:21 AM
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaker_culture

      I have a theory that the beaker culture spread to the great lakes area
      including cahokia mounds based on the beaker found at woodhenge, and
      many many other similar pottery styles from Poverty Point and Cahokia
      Mounds. Additionally, tablets from cahokia mounds bear a marked
      resemblance to the iberian peninsula tablets on ESPIRIT.

      Any comments?

      Thanks
      Vince
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 9:12 PM
        Vince and all,

        I have little information to be of any help re: your inquiry, but
        fortunately found what appears to be a marvelous site which I believe
        has much in the very specific areas you mention in your Post.

        The Moundbuilders of Burlington, WI site has a 2004 copyright
        by a Mary Sutherland w/photo of her at Rock Lake, WI on the Rock
        River (near the Aztalan Mounds where many of my research friends and
        I spent a great deal of time). I see on the web site Mary is on-line.
        I tried to "click" into her life and invite her to take a peek at our
        Ancient Waterways Society web page and perhaps correspond with you
        and us) at our small and friendly web site. But rec'd a notice the
        site was busy.

        Check out the site:
        http://www.burlingtonnews.net/centerindians2.html

        Here is an exerpt which I find links to your inquiry, but please
        click into the entire article as because the author has much more to
        say about the Berbers, etc.:

        MOUND BUILDERS OF BURLINGTON WI
        copyright 2004 Mary Sutherland

        "....The Old Copper Berbers mined copper and their population
        multiplied for almost 1000 years before a major revolution took place.

        The Canaanite-Berber cultures of Western Europe were savagely
        disrupted by the invading Israelites . Refugees--first a trickle,
        then a flood--began to flee from the ceaseless predations of this
        migrating people from the East. Thousands boarded their boats and set
        sail for the New World; and a massive surge of Berber immigration to
        North America from North Africa and the Iberian Peninsula was
        underway -- as proven by a myriad of cultural innovations from the
        Beaker Group culture which burst upon the North American scene.
        Professor Barry Fell dates a MAJOR WAVE of "Iberian" (i.e. Canaanite-
        Berber) colonists to the New World to this period (America B.C.,
        frontpiece)...."
        +++++++++++
        Let me know if you cannot get into the site and/or would like M.
        Sutherland's email address. Reading about her mound
        preservationist efforts, Vince, she will undoubtedly appreciate your
        efforts at Cahokia discussed in an earlier post to the Ancient
        Waterways and PreColumbian Inscriptions web page.

        Perhaps Ms. Sutherland is a member of the Ancient Earthworks Society
        group in Madison; I shall forward her site to that group's president,
        Tom Solberg, mentioned earlier in posts by MinnesotaStan and by
        myself.

        Susan
        ______________
        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Vince"

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2 9:04 PM
          http://www.saskarchsoc.ca/Andronowich2.html
          http://www.saskarchsoc.ca/Andronowich.html
          The above links show a very interesting set of incised stones from saskatchewan.

          Worth Checking out!
          Vince

          ____________ __
          <v_barrows@. ..> wrote:

          > http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Beaker_culture
          >
          > I have a theory that the beaker culture spread to the great lakes
          area
          > including cahokia mounds based on the beaker found at woodhenge,
          and
          > many many other similar pottery styles from Poverty Point and
          Cahokia
          > Mounds. Additionally, tablets from cahokia mounds bear a marked
          > resemblance to the iberian peninsula tablets on ESPIRIT.
          >
          > Any comments?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Vince

          Get your own web address.

        • Susan English
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2 11:22 PM
            Vince,
            Unable to get a web site with either link below.
            MSE

            <v_barrows@. ..> wrote:

            > http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Beaker_culture
            >
            > I have a theory that the beaker culture spread to the great lakes
            area
            > including cahokia mounds based on the beaker found at woodhenge,
            and
            > many many other similar pottery styles from Poverty Point and
            Cahokia
            > Mounds. Additionally, tablets from cahokia mounds bear a marked
            > resemblance to the iberian peninsula tablets on ESPIRIT.
            >
            > Any comments?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Vince

            M. Susan English
             ANCIENT WATERWAYS SOCIETY

            Never Miss an Email

          • minnesotastan
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4 6:29 AM
              Vince,
              Unable to get a web site with either link below.
              MSE

              The links are valid as shown, and launch fine for me, though they are
              slow to open. Probably a reflection of a slow (or busy) server at
              the website.

              Here's what impressed me -

              "...Despite poor visibility, and the difficulty of maneuvering over
              three foot high swaths, seven flakes, a small core fragment and a
              small biface were observed. This debris was thinly spread over an area
              of 450m x 120m..."

              "Thinly" doesn't begin to describe the distribution - one flake per
              football field! A very industrious (but perhaps not very efficient)
              archaeologist at work there.....

              Stan

              p.s. - is this somehow related to "beaker culture" or has the thread
              gotten off-topic?