Re: [ancient_waterway] MALTA CART TRACKS

  • TRAYLOROO
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2009

      MALTA CART TRACKS
      More ideas come to mind

      Probably "cart tracks" is a name, better than none.  We often think of a cart being at least two wheels joined by an axle. There are one wheeled carts, but surely not efficient.  Anyway, none of those tracks on Malta that I saw would have been made by more than one wheel, there were no parallel tracks of a consistent separation like a vehicle with an axle.

      Enough?  Onward to bigger and better puzzles.

      Cal

    • charles bruns
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2009
        sounds like a wheelbarrow.  did not know they had them.  chb

        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2009

          Ahhhhh Haaaaa - Levitation; that is how they did it.

          A wheelbarrow  and Pusher fly to a landing point, then make a single track for a few feet until Pusher is tired .... then Levitate to another landing spot ...

          The main area of these ruts is with easy access by paved road, and is on high flat surface, no top soil now, and these marks have no visible reason to begin ... nor to end.

           In the pre historic period this was a jungle, and pygmy elephants. I doubt if these marks could have been etched by roots, even of an unusual plant. The marks do not wander, they are straight as if a string had been stretched between two points to mark the route.  There is no common origin, like a tree trunk with roots wandering away from the trunk.  They have no apparent destination either direction; if you stand at one end and follow the line-of-sight you get nothing that can be repeated in another rut.

           Best to go and see. The people are friendly, speak English well having been part of the UK; not a relationship they want to repeat.  But, in WWII the Brits defended Malta with magnificent vigor and dedication which seems forgotten.

          Cal

          ===================================
          From: charles bruns <charbruns@...>
          To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 10:52 AM

          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2009

            I too like pondering the idea of ancient wheelbarrows,  Char.  My own  interest in things ancient is picqued when things arise that cause me to consider possibilities back several millinnea....sometimes even father back or into multi-dimensional string theories that hidebound physical evidence diffusionists would chide as "fringe theory".  Among the group of Malta pictures sent earlier by Stan, Cal, Ted? , the photo showing ruts jutting out and deep into the Sea are an example.  All kinds of ponderances come to mind there with ancient global water level and accessible land mass variances.

            Char, I wanted to mention earlier...many may not have realized you had added some interesting photographs in the Photos section awhile back.  I realize some of the sites you do not want to make public, but. for those imfamiliar with dolmen or the part of the continent where they are located, I wonder if you might include a little general information about each directly at the site.  Vince, Steve St. Clair, and others have also detailed some excellent photos within our web site.

            There is plenty of room for Photos, Links, Files, etc. here,  but please  specify in posts when you put them up them up and include background statements with each photo and Message, for future research or retrieval purposes.  Doing so adds to the careful referencing and validity of scientific investigations what seems a viable part of this association, obviously valued within the work many members engage in within and beyond this group.

            Polls I believe any member who has a burning question you would like to query within the group may do so via the  Polls section, at left.  We have never activated that option but it might be fun to see if half a dozen or more would respond to one.

            Thank you, Cal for the kind words of appreciation for my role here.  With this association of diverse, bright, and well-mannered men and women from around the world, it is a real pleasure.  Especially when group members take chances to share their work, theories, pieces of evidence.  And take the initiative to lead and respond to discussions, extend welcomes and play supportive, interacctive  roles with others here.  Voluntary redistribution of time, talents...group evolution which enhances us all.  Many onlooker non members reading posts, as well.

            A thousand hugs to you for the following passage in your recent post, Ted. I clipped it for a Friday recovery meeting under a canopy of virgin timber on a res. I canot help but weave root Ancient Waterway teachings from you all into my fireside sharings.  It is, after all, a very viable part of who I am now, at the core:

            I have native friends who get insulted when the possibility is mentioned of any body form outside the continent having an influence on them.  They think it insulting that we cannot  give them credit for being as intelligent as other races.   I know by DNA evidence that we are all one back when, and do not see any insult myself.  There is pretty good evidence of several migrations in time with several blood types many thousands of years apart.

            Pour me a Super Bowl of your Wheaties, Cal.  Nearly sixty posts listed in "New Messages" today is a record.  I see a few more members have switched to "Daily Digest" rather than Individual Emails to their mailboxes.  Many commendable ("commentable") posts will go to the Archives uncommented upon, yet may be retrievable for further discussion later if titled well without abbreviations.  Please make future reference to past messages (links, comments) you would like to get responses about by including the Message # or link into the body of your post.  And ask for feedback if you need it.

            I spent a couple of hours this morning looking up things mentioned in recent posts, i.e.,  the Stoneworks site Stan sent,  Martin's mention of the intriguing "horizon theory", a searh for a map to see location and water access to Comalcalco, Mexico), and Chris' mention of Aurora Australia;  her  Electric Universe previous mention I retrieved from a Feb. 9th post to the group...etc.  (I should be out cleaning the garage before roofers come this week....)

            A bit of online business, Cal. Two of your recent posts (one a duplicate) got hung up a few hours as Pending Spam late yesterday afternoon.  I had just returned from an out of town assignment last night,  caught the delayed Message (which looked fine), sent one through and delated the  duplicate.  Vince, the other co-h0st had cleared and sent through another of your posts the day before.  (Vince, Stan....any reason some of Cal's posts are being delayed as possible Spam?)  Presumably happens with certain web links within a post, and a common occurrance for my longer posts when a member of the THOR group.  The issue is supposedly resolved, per this from YahooGroups:

            Message Delays

            April 23, 2009 at 10:16 pm

            UPDATE: The message delay issue has been resolved. If you're still having trouble, please report the issue to Customer Care.

            We're aware of the problem with delayed messages affecting some messages to some groups and are investigating the cause. Will update with more information once we have it.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

            - Yahoo! Groups Team

            With 58 current "New Messages" listed---excellent, thought-provoking, insightful posts and subjects, it is difficult to watch so many commentable ideas going into the group archicves uncommented on.  But that is what the Archives are all about, just a matter of learning how to access it.  Helpful is to title posts specifically for easier retrieval, yet keep replying within the same vein so messages on the same subject cascade below each other.  To search the archives, use the Messages page,  enter a subject or member's screen name and related posts should come up.

            Messages

            Message #
            Search:
            Yahoo changed its formal a year or two ago and unfortunately Messages before that cannot be accessed by way of the current Search mode.  The issue is in process of being resolved, as seen in this link which drew over eighty responses:

            http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/2009/03/17/groups-search-update/

            One more thing from one of Ted's posts.  For the new member, Larry: when comfortable here, please introduce yourself, interests, approximate geography/nearby waterway of interst, etc. and perhaps let us know a bit about your upcoming book.  Thank you for your confidence in the Ancient Waterways Society to include us in your work.

            Once a fine attribute of the YahooGroups web site, a couple of years ago all data and personal information members had put into their personal YahooGroups member "Profiles" which personalized their membership and made discussion and networking easier, disappeared and we were left with newly designed, blank Profiles.  I'd think it fair to say a majority of Yahoogroup members have not re-personalized.

            For anyone intersted, I have compiled a list of some of the members here that I know fairly well which includes your states, public web sites, links, papers, etc. which I sometimes send to interesetd incoming members.  If any of you would like to be added to this list (or be sure you are not on a list), please let me know.  Also, email me if you would like to see the list I have compiled to facilitate networking. My email address is beldingenglish@...   (add yahoo.com if it does not show up on the screen)

            Susan

            Message 5 of 8 , May 4, 2009

              ---Fine idea and generous of you to write to Midwest Epigraphic, Cal.

              ---In regard to pictures of dolmen,standing stones, etc. Charles Bruns had sent to the Photos section April 2nd, he emailed back that he had sent a detailed description for each photograph in Message #980. though it is not listed with the Photos.  His question is, for future viewers or research purposes. how could he interconnect Post #980 with the four photos in the Photo link?

              I've not entered anything into that section and do see an Edit option, but someone else better advise...

              Nice, detailed descriptions you wrote for future reference, Char.   Susan

              Message # 980: 4 Photo Facts
              two photos of magnetic rock:
              located at the top of the Gunflint Trail north of Grand Marais on the Canadian border overlooking the Laurentian Divide.
              I believe the rock is marking the passage from northern waters to either Great Lakes or Mississippi Flowage. MN DNR say this was too large for humans to have raised and was merely a glacial erratic. Folks may request from my files further shots of support stones 'set by glacier' to hold this menhir upright.
              dolmen by river
              well known dolmen just inside Boundary Waters Canoe Area entrance of
              Sawbill Lake. Sawbill Lodge can rent you a canoe and direct you to it. Trail
              turns north from Highway 61 and Lake Superior at Tofte, MN. DNR believes it was work of previous U.S. Forestry personel from Bluebird fire tower.
              Swiss Army knife and rock face:
              On shoreline of ancient Lake Duluth, near Copper Harbor, Michigan. A tough read, but photo was sent in large pixel # format. Good luck. Look centrally for double angles, some said 'star shape'. Could this be the top of the mast and rigging on a square sailed open boat? I believe I saw same boat in a mosaic from Minoan ruins.
              chb

            • TRAYLOROO
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 13, 2011

                A bit late for the kyakers ..... but here is a photo, in article, about

                Maybe his photos could be put in a folder titled dolmen or megaliths: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ancient_ waterways_ society/photos/ album/164331162/ pic/list
[...]
                --- In ancient_waterways_ society@yahoogro ups.com, "Susan" <beldingenglish@ ...> wrote: ... Char, I wanted to mention earlier...many may not have realized you had > added some interesting photographs in the Photos section awhile back. I > realize some of the sites you do not want to make public, but. for those > imfamiliar with dolmen or the part of the continent where they are > located, I wonder if you might include a little general information > about each directly at the site. Vince, Steve St. Clair, and others > have also detailed some excellent photos within our web site. > > There is plenty of room for Photos, Links, Files, etc. here, but please > specify in posts when you put them up them up and include background > statements with each photo and Message, for future research or retrieval > purposes. Doing so adds to the careful referencing and validity of > scientific investigations what seems a viable part of this association, > obviously valued within the work many members engage in within and > beyond this group. > > Polls > <http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ ancient_waterway s_society/ polls> I > believe any member who has a burning question you would like to query > within the group may do so via the Polls > </group/ancient_ waterways_ society/polls> section, at left. We have > never activated that option but it might be fun to see if half a dozen > or more would respond to one. > > Thank you, Cal for the kind words of appreciation for my role here. > With this association of diverse, bright, and well-mannered men and > women from around the world, it is a real pleasure. Especially when > group members take chances to share their work, theories, pieces of > evidence. And take the initiative to lead and respond to discussions, > extend welcomes and play supportive, interacctive roles with others > here. Voluntary redistribution of time, talents...group evolution which > enhances us all. Many onlooker non members reading posts, as well. > > A thousand hugs to you for the following passage in your recent post, > Ted. I clipped it for a Friday recovery meeting under a canopy of virgin > timber on a res. I canot help but weave root Ancient Waterway teachings > from you all into my fireside sharings. It is, after all, a very viable > part of who I am now, at the core: > > I have native friends who get insulted when the possibility is mentioned > of any body form outside the continent having an influence on them. > They think it insulting that we cannot give them credit for being as > intelligent as other races. I know by DNA evidence that we are all one > back when, and do not see any insult myself. There is pretty good > evidence of several migrations in time with several blood types many > thousands of years apart. > > Pour me a Super Bowl of your Wheaties, Cal. Nearly sixty posts listed > in "New Messages" today is a record. I see a few more members have > switched to "Daily Digest" rather than Individual Emails to their > mailboxes. Many commendable ("commentable" ) posts will go to the > Archives uncommented upon, yet may be retrievable for further discussion > later if titled well without abbreviations. Please make future > reference to past messages (links, comments) you would like to get > responses about by including the Message # or link into the body of your > post. And ask for feedback if you need it. > > I spent a couple of hours this morning looking up things mentioned in > recent posts, i.e., the Stoneworks site Stan sent, Martin's mention of > the intriguing "horizon theory", a searh for a map to see location and > water access to Comalcalco, Mexico), and Chris' mention of Aurora > Australia; her Electric Universe previous mention I retrieved from a > Feb. 9th post to the group...etc. (I should be out cleaning the garage > before roofers come this week....) > > A bit of online business, Cal. Two of your recent posts (one a > duplicate) got hung up a few hours as Pending Spam late yesterday > afternoon. I had just returned from an out of town assignment last > night, caught the delayed Message (which looked fine), sent one through > and delated the duplicate. Vince, the other co-h0st had cleared and > sent through another of your posts the day before. (Vince, Stan....any > reason some of Cal's posts are being delayed as possible Spam?) > Presumably happens with certain web links within a post, and a common > occurrance for my longer posts when a member of the THOR group. The > issue is supposedly resolved, per this from YahooGroups: > > Message Delays <http://ygroupsblog. com/blog/ 2009/04/23/ message-delays/> > > April 23, 2009 at 10:16 pm > > UPDATE: The message delay issue has been resolved. If you're still > having trouble, please report the issue to Customer Care. > > We're aware of the problem with delayed messages affecting some > messages to some groups and are investigating the cause. Will update > with more information once we have it. Apologies for the inconvenience. > > - Yahoo! Groups Team > > With 58 current "New Messages" listed---excellent, thought-provoking, > insightful posts and subjects, it is difficult to watch so many > commentable ideas going into the group archicves uncommented on. But > that is what the Archives are all about, just a matter of learning how > to access it. Helpful is to title posts specifically for easier > retrieval, yet keep replying within the same vein so messages on the > same subject cascade below each other. To search the archives, use the > Messages page, enter a subject or member's screen name and related > posts should come up. > > Messages > Message # Search: Yahoo changed its formal a year or two ago and > unfortunately Messages before that cannot be accessed by way of the > current Search mode. The issue is in process of being resolved, as seen > in this link which drew over eighty responses: > http://www.ygroupsb log.com/blog/ 2009/03/17/ groups-search- update/ > <http://www.ygroupsb log.com/blog/ 2009/03/17/ groups-search- update/> > > One more thing from one of Ted's posts. For the new member, Larry: when > comfortable here, please introduce yourself, interests, approximate > geography/nearby waterway of interst, etc. and perhaps let us know a bit > about your upcoming book. Thank you for your confidence in the Ancient > Waterways Society to include us in your work. > > Once a fine attribute of the YahooGroups web site, a couple of years ago > all data and personal information members had put into their personal > YahooGroups member "Profiles" which personalized their membership and > made discussion and networking easier, disappeared and we were left with > newly designed, blank Profiles. I'd think it fair to say a majority of > Yahoogroup members have not re-personalized. > > > For anyone intersted, I have compiled a list of some of the members here > that I know fairly well which includes your states, public web sites, > links, papers, etc. which I sometimes send to interesetd incoming > members. If any of you would like to be added to this list (or be sure > you are not on a list), please let me know. Also, email me if you would > like to see the list I have compiled to facilitate networking. My email > address is beldingenglish@ ... <mailto:beldingengli sh@... > (add yahoo.com if it does not show up on the screen) > > Susan > > > --- In ancient_waterways_ society@yahoogro ups.com, charles bruns > charbruns@ wrote: > > > > sounds like a wheelbarrow. did not know they had them. chb > > > > --- On Sat, 5/2/09, TRAYLOROO trayloroo@ wrote: > > > > From: TRAYLOROO trayloroo@ > > Subject: [ancient_waterways_ society] Re: [ancient_waterway] MALTA CART > TRACKS > > To: ancient_waterways_ society@yahoogro ups.com > > Cc: minnesotastan@ > > Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 9:51 PM > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > MALTA CART TRACKS > > More ideas come to mind > > > > Probably "cart tracks" is a name, better than none. We often think of > a cart being at least two wheels joined by an axle. There are one > wheeled carts, but surely not efficient. Anyway, none of those tracks > on Malta that I saw would have been made by more than one wheel, there > were no parallel tracks of a consistent separation like a vehicle with > an axle. > > > > Enough? Onward to bigger and better puzzles. > > > > Cal > > > > > > >
              • charles bruns
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 13, 2011
                  plus it is not recomended to push a wood canoe through skim ice, but then it is their canoe.  chb