Re: Virtual Museum = Falls of the Ohio

  • TRAYLOROO
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009

      ROMAN COINS  Also search for: ROMAN COINS, FALLS OF OHIO

      This Museum has a packet of ten or so Roman coins found in the falls, to the left and up-river, as seen in the photo on their home page:: Falls of the Ohio Museum,  The museum building is at the bottom center of their photo, and the view is from Indiana looking south southwesterly into Louisville, KY.  I would rate this Museum 8.88+ on a scale of ten.

      The displays were designed by Beverley Moseley (Jr?).  He and his father were epigraphers and I believe his father started the Midwestern Epigraphic Society* of which I was honored as a Fellow. In the museum are areas for viewing the falls; floor to ceiling glass windows and carpeted steps for all ages of people ....unless you have a bad back ...

      In their home page photo, the light areas are not sandbars, but bedrock, and usually are prowled and explored by park visitors and locals. See photo at bottom left, Museum home page.

      In the upper left of the photo is the navigable chanel for boats, with locks.

      Cal Traylor

      * They now have a web page, for many years they did not have one, nor did the members have email.  This poor communications was a serious detriment, and caused a loss of members.

        ======================================
      From: Ted Sojka <tedsojka@...>
      Subject: Re: Virtual Museum
      To: crispysart@...
      Cc: "trayloroo" <trayloroo@...>
      Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 8:17 AM

      Thanks Chris, and hope you have time to visit the library today and see the
      museum that is virtual rather than in a real building, at this point in time.  I
      am told it is dated by the latest web designs but it sure works for me.   I
      could see a museum of diffusionist resources on such a site.  Let me know what
      you think.
      ted

      On May 1, 2009, at 1:01 AM, crispysart@... wrote:

      >> See what you think of this site at Mankato State.  Go to
      >> the building  e musuem, and visit from room to room and
      >> floor to floor. Ted
      >> I think it is a good model for information that Cal once
      >> had in his   library.
      >> ted
      >> PS Water down to normal yet?
      >>
      >> Begin forwarded message:
      >>
      >>> http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/index.shtml

    • minnesotastan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2009
        Thank you, Cal, for posting this with the link.  I've just incorporated the information into a post for my blog (TYWKIWDBI ), with links to the original site and to our group here.  I love this sort of stuff.

        Stan