Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Las Lunas Stone

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2009
      Small note... the KRS was NOT Viking. It was 300 yrs later, in the Christian era.
      Not to say there were not a few residual 'vikings' (ie Esatru/non-xian Old Religion) folk still hanging out in the upper American Midwest, in the "western colonies" the Quest mission had been sent to find and bring back into the Fold [ie tithe-paying, profit-making taxbase]. It is one theory that the invasion force which left the men at camp 'dead and red with blood' were not Indians, but holdout Traditionalist Scands who didn't WANT to be found and bound to any crown or pope.
      -chris