3595Re: [ancient_waterways_society] YT Presentation on History & Native Law Jurisprudence

    Nov 21 8:36 PM
      This is a great video with those with the time to spend learning, about the basis for all the legal history of how land sales were done from colonial times to after the founding of the country.
      Thanks Jeff, for sharing with the rest of us on the site.  It is no wonder we have not got it right yet, as it is pretty complicated, and first nation people are on the short end, no matter which law is used for precedent.

      On Nov 21, 2013, at 12:01 PM, Jeff wrote:

      I wanted to post this video especially for Ted Sojka and Rick Osman--a cordial, informative, and fascinating presentation on the Smithsonian's YT Channel,* featuring the background and history of Johnson v. McIntosh:

      Fact Or Fiction Pt 1: The US Courts' Use of History to Shape Native Law Jurisprudence

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjIhXyGRYl8 .

      Warm Regards,

      *Just to avoid any possible confusion, I do not intend to favor the Smithsonian's side in any disputed issues by posting this video --Jeff.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic