3207Azores

  • kbs2244
    Nov 16, 2012
      Since we have gotten off track and onto Columbus………..
      It is true that he favored the Portuguese .
      He had made trips into the North Atlantic around Iceland and Greenland for Henry the Navigator.
      I believe he got north of the Artic Circle.

      He first attempted to get Henry's backing for his westward trip.
      But in perhaps the worst case of bad timing in Western History, the day of his appointment to see the King was the day that the expedition that went around the Cape of Good Hope sailed back into port.

      Just a little bit of excitement in town.

      Poor Columbus was lost in the news that we can get to the spices by going around Africa.
      With his appointment canceled, he had to go to the competition in Madrid.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic