Friendship between Kaulji and Goelji is coordinated calendar.

  • Hari Malla
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
      Dear Goelji and Kaulji,
      Please remember Gopal means avatar of Krishna and both means Madhava. Now Madhava in astronomy, is the month following the VE.  Now I would like to narrate a very interesting story form the Bhagvatam about shri krishna, How he as the Purush within the lunar months and also as the Full moon, had to play the role of all the naskhytras or Bala gwalas.
      You should first understand that shri Krishna is endowed with the 16 kalas( phases) of the moon, which means from  Amavasya to Purnima, being the Purush within the lunar months ..Purush or Aditya is the EM BArycenter, for your kind informaton and this is explained as Avatar of krishna or being the center of the earth's monthly wobble also is known as the tenderer of the  earth. This means the tenderer or rearer of the cow i e. Go-pala. The earth is also considered to be  a cow and the lunar barycenter (Krishna) is the tendereer of the earth, or in other words Rearer of  the Cow. Now Madhava is the vernal equnoxial lunar month and thus represents both Gopal and Krishna avatar too.
      Once it so happened that Brahma hid the Balagwalas or the cowherd boys who were the friends of krishna. Please know that the boys repesent   the nakshyatras since Krishna as the phases of the moon travels from one nakshaytra to another everyday. Thus you may say the nakshyatras are the friends of the moon whose center is Krishna as the Purush.
      It is said just to prevent the parents of the Bala gwalas not to panic, shri krishna had to take the form of or play the role of these boys in their homes for one whole year, so that the parents did not panic.
      This we can interpret as the fullmoon of each month taking the same name of the nakshyatras. This is explained in the story as shri Krishna taking or playing the role of the Bala gwalas or the cowherd boys who are the nakshyatras..
      Thus the lunar months not only represent the seasons but also represents the stars which means we have to coordinate the seasons with the stars as well. This is the sayan and nirayan coordination explained in a interestng way in the Bhagvatam. So my request is that both Kauji and Goelji please  come to be friends and agree to the coordination of Sayan and Nirayan concepts in our calendar...
      Regards,
      Hari malla
    • Gopal Goel
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
        Dear Hari Malla ji,
         Mr Kaul is my friend since 1982.
         This does not mean that others are my enemies.
         I like both Sunil  and Sunil KB.
         There are some persons who take the issue on personal
         level and feel bad and some times even use filthy Language.
         What to do every body has right to feel that he knows all.
         Never mind , keep pushing your views but in good humor.
         Regards,

        G.K.GOEL

        INDIA

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012

          Dear Darshaneylokeshji,
          If there is any doubt in you about the coordinated system then I would like to give you the example of how Bhisma pitamaha,  the son of Ganga waited for uttarayan to give up his breath to join his mother Ganga..I am sure you  know this story of Mahabharat..Ples remember that the body of bhisma remains lying down during the war of Mahabharat. actuallly his body exended from uttarayan to dakhnayan, six months long..Thus  also Kumarji, (another form of Bhisma), the son of Ganga is also known to be reared by shad-krittika and also born form the six rishi patni.both these insatinces try to convey the same idea of uttarayan and dakhnayan.
          Now  what you are to consider here is that although it is uttarayan that is considerd it is also Ganga which is Akash ganga or circle of stars of milky way, to be conisdered. Thus Bhisma not only leaves at uttarayan but also goes to join his mother which is the star world. Thus you will understand that utarayan and the sideeal makar sakranti as the sidereal uttarayan must be considered together. This is to coordiante uttarayan with makar sankranti or the sidereal uttarayan. This is the coordination of sayan and nirayan concepts in our scriptures.
          Kindly convey these concepts to your mentors too who have helped yo to underdtand the vedic calendar.
          . Thank you.
          Hari malla

          --- On Wed, 8/1/12, Gopal