Re: [AIA] Fw: Re: [JyotishGroup] Yudhishtiras Period - Saptarshi

  • Sunil Bhattacharjya
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      Sorry Vijaydasji. You asked Kaulji to reply and I intruded. May be Kaulji can nstill send his reply.

      skb

      From: Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya@...>
      To: JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: alandabaratam@yahoogroups.com, ancient_indian_astrology@..., vedic-astrology@yahoogroups.com, vedic_reasearch_Institute@yahoogroups.com, indiaarchaeology@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 2:59 PM

      Dear Vijaydasji,

      This is longer a secret. Alberuni mentioned it saying that Varahamihira said that the Saptarshis changed nakshatras and found the stay of the Saptarshis in a nakshatra was upwards of 600 years. In 3077 BCE the Saptarshis moved from Magha to Ashlesha nakshatra and at that time Yudhisthira left his mortal frame. The Saptarshi Era started at that time. A few years ago I showed that the Saptarshi calendar, which started in 3077 BCE, had followed the convention of naming the centuries after the nakshatras (and delinked the Saptarshi calendar from further observations of the Saptarshi movement.These centuries, as named, are very useful in establishing the ancient Indian chronology.

      The modern astronomers ridiculed the movement of the Saptarshis saying that the fixed nakshatras cannot move. It was in 2006 a few astroscientists working in the Tata Institute of Fundamantal research in Mumbai in callaboration with an Indian scientist working in Germany read the relevant verses from the Vishnu puran and had shown that the Saptarshis indeed moved, though apparently,  and that the phenomenon is due to the precession of the Earth.

      Sincerely,

      Sunil KB