Re: [ancient_indian_astrology] JYOTISH IN VEDA VANGMAYA !!!

  • Sunil Bhattacharjya
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      Dear Utkalji,

      I think some of the members might be referring to some vyavichara elements  entering the tantric rituals (for the grihasthis) at a later date. In that context I shall urge them to see the Mahanirvana Tantra, which sets the norms for some of the intimate rituals.It says that the the married couple forms the right partners for each other. In some other tantras an unmarried woman is not allowed to participate in the tantric rituals. Otherwise a lady has to be of past the child-bearing age. As regards drinking  there are recommended substitutes and if at all one wants to have the drink it must not exceed two tolas.  Meat eating was not a taboo in the ancient times. The Brahmanas did not take meat unless medically recommended. Manu says what are the rules to be observed if one takes meat. Lord Buddha was very compassionate and did not want one to kill animals. Yet he allowed the Monks to have meat if the animal was not specifically killed for the monk or the monk had not seen the killing of the animal ot did not hear the death cry of the animal. Tantra  gives substitues for meat for one who does not take meat.. Thus even for Vamachara the rules are strict. Of course such questions do not arise for Samayachara at all.

      Rashis are mentioned in Veda, Vedanga Jyotisha and the Puranas also

      As regards the references to Vara I feel the Baudhayana Sutra and Atharvana Jyotisha give more direct reference. Yajnavalky does not give it that clearly.

      Regards,

      Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
        Sunil Ji,

        Yesterday, I found a book which mentiöns that in an Arabic Work 'Ain Ul Aba Fital Kaluli Atba' it's written that in Shaka 694, An indian jyotishi Karka gave them teachings of Jyotish and Ayur Vedic Medicines, he came to Bagdad.

        We have been a culture with global outlook because of our vedic wisdom and upnishadic introspection. When we deviated from vedic dyanimism, slavery was waiting for we indians.

        You are right atharvan jyotish, I have seen your efforts in saving respect to Vedas, I deliberately provided additional information on Rashi Names, Varas etc other than Atharvan Source to realize those 'polite scholars' so that they can understand how inadequate their study is, they just became toddler by reading other author's work and began projecting themselves as scholars, they had no answers to any questions raised, had no proof to save their face but still saying any thing, long writings with no content.

        Regards,
        Utkal

        --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya@...> wrote:

        > Dear Utkalji,
        >
        > I think some of the members might be referring to some vyavichara elements  entering the tantric rituals (for the grihasthis) at a later date. In that context I shall urge them to see the Mahanirvana Tantra, which sets the norms for some of the intimate rituals.It says that the the married couple forms the right partners for each other. In some other tantras an unmarried woman is not allowed to participate in the tantric rituals. Otherwise a lady has to be of past the child-bearing age. As regards drinking  there are recommended substitutes and if at all one wants to have the drink it must not exceed two tolas.  Meat eating was not a taboo in the ancient times. The Brahmanas did not take meat unless medically recommended. Manu says what are the rules to be observed if one takes meat. Lord Buddha was very compassionate and did not want one to kill animals. Yet he allowed the Monks to have meat if the animal was not specifically killed for the monk or
        > the monk had not seen the killing of the animal ot did not hear the death cry of the animal. Tantra  gives substitues for meat for one who does not take meat.. Thus even for Vamachara the rules are strict. Of course such questions do not arise for Samayachara at all.
        >
        > Rashis are mentioned in Veda, Vedanga Jyotisha and the Puranas also
        >
        > As regards the references to Vara I feel the Baudhayana Sutra and Atharvana Jyotisha give more direct reference. Yajnavalky does not give it that clearly.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

      • Manoj Kumar
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
          Dear Utkal ji and Sreenadh ji,

          Me and many other members are still waiting for enlightenment on Koorma Chakra and Saptnadi Chakra.

          regards,

          Mouji

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
            Utkalji,

            It is nice that you are trying to dig out what additional information you can get to supplement the information already put forward.

            Regards,

            Sunil

            Yesterday, I found a book which mentiöns that in an Arabic Work 'Ain Ul Aba Fital Kaluli Atba' it's written that in Shaka 694, An indian jyotishi Karka gave them teachings of Jyotish and Ayur Vedic Medicines, he came to Bagdad.

            We have been a culture with global outlook because of our vedic wisdom and upnishadic introspection. When we deviated from vedic dyanimism, slavery was waiting for we indians.

            You are right atharvan jyotish, I have seen your efforts in saving respect to Vedas, I deliberately provided additional information on Rashi Names, Varas etc other than Atharvan Source to realize those 'polite scholars' so that they can understand how inadequate their study is, they just became toddler by reading other author's work and began projecting themselves as scholars, they had no answers to any questions raised, had no proof to save their face but still saying any thing, long writings with no content.

            Regards,
            Utkal

            --- In ancient_indian_ astrology@ yahoogroups. com, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjy a@...> wrote:

            > Dear Utkalji,
            >
            > I think some of the members might be referring to some vyavichara elements  entering the tantric rituals (for the grihasthis) at a later date. In that context I shall urge them to see the Mahanirvana Tantra, which sets the norms for some of the intimate rituals.It says that the the married couple forms the right partners for each other. In some other tantras an unmarried woman is not allowed to participate in the tantric rituals. Otherwise a lady has to be of past the child-bearing age. As regards drinking  there are recommended substitutes and if at all one wants to have the drink it must not exceed two tolas.  Meat eating was not a taboo in the ancient times. The Brahmanas did not take meat unless medically recommended. Manu says what are the rules to be observed if one takes meat. Lord Buddha was very compassionate and did not want one to kill animals. Yet he allowed the Monks to have meat if the animal was not specifically killed for the monk or
            > the monk had not seen the killing of the animal ot did not hear the death cry of the animal. Tantra  gives substitues for meat for one who does not take meat.. Thus even for Vamachara the rules are strict. Of course such questions do not arise for Samayachara at all.
            >
            > Rashis are mentioned in Veda, Vedanga Jyotisha and the Puranas also
            >
            > As regards the references to Vara I feel the Baudhayana Sutra and Atharvana Jyotisha give more direct reference. Yajnavalky does not give it that clearly.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

          • Sunil Bhattacharjya
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
              Utkalji,

              To my information it was Kankah (not Karka), who along with several Indian Jyotishis, went to Baghdad during the reign (754 - 7775 CE) of the caliph Al-Mamun. He not only taught them Hindu astrology but also taught them the Indian numarals, which was later known as Arabic numerals, simply because the West learnt that from the Arabs at a later date.

              Regards,

              SunilK. Bhattacharjya

              Yesterday, I found a book which mentiöns that in an Arabic Work 'Ain Ul Aba Fital Kaluli Atba' it's written that in Shaka 694, An indian jyotishi Karka gave them teachings of Jyotish and Ayur Vedic Medicines, he came to Bagdad.

              We have been a culture with global outlook because of our vedic wisdom and upnishadic introspection. When we deviated from vedic dyanimism, slavery was waiting for we indians.

              You are right atharvan jyotish, I have seen your efforts in saving respect to Vedas, I deliberately provided additional information on Rashi Names, Varas etc other than Atharvan Source to realize those 'polite scholars' so that they can understand how inadequate their study is, they just became toddler by reading other author's work and began projecting themselves as scholars, they had no answers to any questions raised, had no proof to save their face but still saying any thing, long writings with no content.

              Regards,
              Utkal

              --- In ancient_indian_ astrology@ yahoogroups. com, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjy a@...> wrote:

              > Dear Utkalji,
              >
              > I think some of the members might be referring to some vyavichara elements  entering the tantric rituals (for the grihasthis) at a later date. In that context I shall urge them to see the Mahanirvana Tantra, which sets the norms for some of the intimate rituals.It says that the the married couple forms the right partners for each other. In some other tantras an unmarried woman is not allowed to participate in the tantric rituals. Otherwise a lady has to be of past the child-bearing age. As regards drinking  there are recommended substitutes and if at all one wants to have the drink it must not exceed two tolas.  Meat eating was not a taboo in the ancient times. The Brahmanas did not take meat unless medically recommended. Manu says what are the rules to be observed if one takes meat. Lord Buddha was very compassionate and did not want one to kill animals. Yet he allowed the Monks to have meat if the animal was not specifically killed for the monk or
              > the monk had not seen the killing of the animal ot did not hear the death cry of the animal. Tantra  gives substitues for meat for one who does not take meat.. Thus even for Vamachara the rules are strict. Of course such questions do not arise for Samayachara at all.
              >
              > Rashis are mentioned in Veda, Vedanga Jyotisha and the Puranas also
              >
              > As regards the references to Vara I feel the Baudhayana Sutra and Atharvana Jyotisha give more direct reference. Yajnavalky does not give it that clearly.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

            • sreesog
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
                Dear Manoj ji,
                I am facing some trouble with net connection from my home. I need time to sit and write on this in relaxed mood (I can't do it from office) - which I am unable to do right now. Within 2-3 days I will try to provide a write-up on Koorma chakra use - but no guarantees. :) Further I am NOT a practical expert in all this mundane astrology and Koorma chakra use - even though the resources and understanding to share an informative write-up is available with me. :)
                Love and regards,
                Sreendh

                --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, Manoj Kumar <mouji99@...> wrote:

                > Dear Utkal ji and Sreenadh ji,
                >
                > Me and many other members are still waiting for enlightenment on Koorma Chakra and Saptnadi Chakra.
                >
                > regards,
                >
                > Mouji
              • S.C. Kursija
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
                • 1 Attachment
                • 41 KB
                Sh.Sreenodh jhi,
                As I am interested in mundane I have prepared a brief note on Koorma chakra and I am attaching the same for the members.
                Regards