Re: [ancient_indian_astrology] Re: Calender reform

  • Sunil Bhattacharjya
    Message 1 of 37 , May 1, 2009
      Dear Harimallaji,

      You said as follows:

      This is amply explained by Vedanga jyotish when it says,'when the sun and the moon rise toThis is amply explained by Vedanga jyotish when it says,'when the sun and the moon rise together in dhinistha, then the five year yuga, the month of maagha, the Tapa sukpla pakshya and uttrayan start together'.This is no accidental meeting of the seasonal Tapa and the sidereal maagha and also uttarayan.It was voluntarily designed that way to materialise the goal of the vedas.Thus I am surprised when you say no reference for makar sankraanti should be celebrated on the uttarayan day was produced byn AK Kaulji.gether in dhinistha, then the five year yuga, the month of maagha, the Tapa sukpla pakshya and uttrayan start together'.This is no accidental meeting of the seasonal Tapa and the sidereal maagha and also uttarayan.It was voluntarily designed that way to materialise the goal of the vedas.Thus I am surprised when you say no reference for makar sankraanti should be celebrated on the uttarayan day was produced byn AK Kaulji.

      Unquote

      You cannot understand that in the time of composition of Vedanga Jyotisha ie. in around 2400 BCE the  Uttarayana occured in Dhanistha naksatra and at that time it was Magha (Lunar month)  and Tapa (seasonal) month. Now the Uttarayana does not occur any more in Dhanistha. So stop talking nonsense. No more replies to you. I have limited time with me. If you do not understand it is your problem.

      Sincerely

      S.K.Bhattacharjya
    • Hari Malla
      Message 37 of 37 , May 1, 2009
        Dear Bhattacharjyaji,
        I am trying to explain the togetherness of tropical and sidereal concepts of both the sun and the moon, in the past calenders,both in the vedanga jyotish and sidhanta periods.They have done coordination of three factors.The sideral sun, sidereal moon, the tropical sun and moon rolled up into one.I am not saying uttrayan occurs now with sun in dhanistha nor I am saying uttrayan occurs now  in makar.
        What  I am saying is presently also the sidereal sun, the sidereal moon and the seasons should be coordinated as of olden days.I also say it can be done since method of dooing it has been discovered.We only need the will to do it.To do this we have to shift the names of one solar and lunar months and the new ayanamsa becomes 6 degrees.We will  limit ayanamsa within 15 degrees plus and minus,always in the future, to increase the accuracy of our dharmic festivals and jyotish.Of course, if some one does not want to see the truth, it can never be shown.You will always like to believe that makar and uttrayan were never meant to be together even if i say the dharma shastras spell it again and again.I was hoping that you are trying to see the truth.Do you think coordination of all these  factors was done in the past and has to be done now also instead of taking the western concept of sayan and nirayan separately forgetting our vedic system of
        coordination of all the factors? The coordination of all the factors   is  clearly shown by vedanga jyotish by the definiton of the beginning of the year.We only have to understnd their model to understand the type of our traditional system. What is your choice, shall we go in the perfect comprehensive way they went or think we are incapable to follow them due to our various weaknesses in the modern times? I wonder if you understood when I said the stars do not afect us as we are taking only 12 constellations out of total of 88 constellations.This fact disproves the limitless nirayan system, you are trying to protect.Let us be clear if we want the truth or not. This is all I ask. Thanking you,I remain,
        Sincerely yours,
        Hari Malla