Re: [ancient_indian_astrology] Re: Amavasya Births.

  • chiranjiv mehta
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 24, 2009
      Amavasya birth bad  for female child, with some astrologers of olden times saying it is rare that the girl will survive.
      Life may be emotionally draining as the Sun overshadows moon. In India it is common for masons & carpenters not to start work and/or to take holiday on Amavasya. Lack of biggest nocturnal luminary for planet earth does effect the inhabitants.
      You will rarely find an inauguration on Amavsya day. However it is said ( by some ) that work started in amvasya though difficult to coplete is long lasting.
      Those born on amvasya are said to be souls who have come for some unfinished work - yogis whose sadhna was interrupted or failed.

      Chiranjiv Mehta

      From: neelam gupta <neelamgupta07@ gmail.com>

      Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 3:32 AM

      Dear Dushyant Trivedi ji,

      //With the clue that those born on Amavasya day have their mind and soul together I feel that these natives may have been enlightened souls in the past lives.//

      Mind and soul together, but are they in harmony? The chart does show a special mind-soul focus, but how? How does it manifest?
      • Planets posited in same house are not friends in panchadha maitri. If both happen to fall in inimical house (luminaries have common friends), both mind and soul can face challenging times.
      • If moon is very close to Sun, then it becomes very weak and is said to be 'inauspicious'. Moon can reflect Sun’s light when it is at a distance from Sun. Only after Ashtami moon gets good strength and is called auspicious and remains so till the ashtami of Krishna Paksha. Amavasya moon is very weak, specially for night births.
      • Yogas are not effective, in fact, not applied to an amavasya moon.
      • The house and sign placement of the luminaries and their degrees become very important. What happens in navamsha would makes a difference.
      • Sun-moon yoga is one issue and amavasya birth is another issue. Both have their own significations.
      • I have seen amavasya births runnung as a hereditary feature in many families. Initial years can be difficult, specially if related dashas are operative.
      According to BPHS, even when Lagna is well disposed, birth will be inauspicious, if it takes place on Amavasya (last day of the Krishna Paksha), on Chaturdasi (14th Tithi), in Krishna Paksha (dark half of the month). Remedial measures for obtaining relief from the evil effects of such births are also prescribed in BPHS.

      Regards
      Neelam

    • Chandu2chill
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 26, 2009
        Dear Vijay Goel Ji,

        Very good compilation thanks for sharing...

        Regards

        Chandu2Chill