RE: [ancient_indian_astrology] Re: Retrograde Planets

  • jai
    Message 1 of 85 , Jul 1, 2007
      respected all,

      my name is mahesh iyer.i always felt like asking this question related to retrograde planets.
      my GURU is retrograde in 2nd house and its in its own house saggitarius.what does that mean? im confused now after reading sreenadhji's report and robert's report.does a retrograde planet in swagrah mean good or bad or neutral.please explain how this works.

      Planetary Positions
      PlanetDir/RetSpeedDegreesSign
      Ascendant --------14o 3' 10''Scorpio
      SunDir0o 57' 47''5o 48' 57''Leo
      MoonDir12o 58' 0''5o 19' 19''Capricornus
      MarsDir0o 38' 8''11o 8' 23''Leo
      MercuryDir0o 33' 7''18o 10' 44''Cancer
      JupiterRet0o 0' 33''5o 1' 21''Sagittarius
      VenusDir0o 55' 18''20o 7' 8''Gemini
      SaturnDir0o 4' 12''25o 36' 26''Taurus
      RahuRet0o 3' 10''0o 44' 47''Capricornus
      KetuRet0o 3' 10''0o 44' 47''Cancer
      UranusDir0o 2' 52''22o 17' 29''Virgo
      NeptuneDir0o 0' 16''9o 1' 29''Scorpio
      PlutoDir0o 2' 0''7o 12' 3''Virgo

      The impurity of the mind is destroyed
      through the performance of duty.
      MAHESH IYER.

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
    • Prafulla Gang
      Message 85 of 85 , Jul 4, 2007
        Dear Ramdas ji

        > Now for example,for Karka Lagna, Budha becomes 3rd and 12th lord and
        > hence he becomes a malefic for Karka Lagna.In such case, if Budha is
        > Vakra and as we know Vakra means some kind of obstruction,we have to see
        > in which area Budha is giving obstruction.Here, Budha is the lord of 3rd
        > house indicating communication will be affected till he becomes direct
        > after a certain period of time and also the native may have some health
        > problems connected to central nervous system,ear/nose/throat etc.Also 3rd
        > house indicates younger co-born.So in such cases,either there may be no
        > younger co-born or if born will have some birth defects.These
        > observations can be checked personally.Ofcourse all these informations
        > are my research based,so I request to check the reality of this fact and
        > can improve this theory.

        [Prafulla] Yes - I do understand the role of budha for the karka lagna, and thanks for elaborated explanation. and I also do appreciate your personal research. I will certainly explore these pointers.

        >I also agree that our Maharshis have not given
        > any such informations in any of the classics and as it is very secret to
        > know about these things and was hidden.So it is our duty to give
        > attention to such hidden matters and study them and try to do some
        > research on such matters.

        [Prafulla] appreciate your perspective and agree as well.

        > But some Scholars are against me as the Aham is not allowing them to try
        > to check such kind of theories.

        [Prafulla] Well, any jyotish scholar obstructing research publishing is not doing a good karma. As far as I look at jyotish, as ever evolving science; and we must look at them with open mind. Best test of any theory (new or old) is in its application in predictive jyotish. if it is working, we must pursue it further and need not be dogged down by contradictions in shastras itself.

        >You see, till now I dont have any website
        > of my own and I thought I can use the Astrology groups like the present
        > one which is meant to disperse our age old Divine science of Jyotish.But
        > they are not interested to listen to me and in such case,I feel that I
        > dont have to continue in this list.So I will not be available to this
        > list.

        [Prafulla] - Well, i have been thoroughly enjoying your notes and from my perspective - questioning never meant to obstruct, but a way to clear my own contradictions. In my humble view - you must continue on forums and share your jyotish interpretations / research. and you need not worry about others' objective of forum participation.

        regards / Prafulla Gang
        http://www.prafulla.net

        "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."

        kids.http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz>
        > yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!>

        > With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your
        > favorite color.
        > www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/personalize.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_addcolor_0607

        Listen & Record Music from Internet Radio - Get Free Radio & MP3 Player & Recorder
        Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/radio