Re: Moon in 2nd and Garga Hora

  • Gaurav Ghosh
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 31, 2009
      ||Jai Ramakrishna||
      Dear Shree Sreenadhji & learned members,
      My few "paise" for the meaning..
      "Vaidya kanchana yuktascha mani ratna dhano bhavet
      Karpoora chandanamodee dhanee kumuda bandhave".
      ----He is "Vaidya" which has its root as "Vit", meaning "to know". So
      I dont think the original meaning should be physician, rather one
      possessing good knowledge.
      "Kanchana yuktascha mani ratno dhano bhavet"--he will possess
      valuables, like jewelleries, gold, precious metals etc.
      What is his profession??
      "karpoora chandanamodee dhanee"---he will be rich by dealing with
      luxurious items, specially Camphor, Sandalwood(it today's lingo,
      perfumes etc).
      But the last word of the 2nd line changes the meaning... "Kumeda
      bandhave"--meaning Moon in the house of friends..."fourth house". If
      Moon is in 4th house(4th house also stands for knowledge), he will
      directly aspect the 10th house from Lagna, & we know, planets
      aspecting the 10th house has a say in native's profession. Moon, by
      nature is a trader.
      Upon members to comment on this.
      Let us look at some other classics, what they say when Moon in 2nd house.
      From Jatakabharanam
      "Sukhaatmaja-dravyayuto bineeto bhabennarah purnobidhou dwitiye|
      Kshinwe skhaladvaag bidhano-alpobuddhir-nyunnaadhikatwe phalataaratamyam|
      Chandrah Kutumbabhabane shukrena nirikshito dhanadaata||
      Meaning-One who has strong Moon in 2nd house, is happy with son,
      possess a lot of things, & has humility.
      If Moon be weak, he will not speak well, (skhaladvaag), less money &
      poor intelligence. However, results will vary according to condition
      of Moon.
      Further "If Moon in 2nd house,be aspected by Venus, one becomes
      rich"(that means Venus should aspect from 8th house, giving some form
      inheritence, probably, or share market etc..)
      I would appreciate any comments...
      Thank you,
      Gaurav Ghosh.

      --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, "Sreenadh"
      <sreesog@...> wrote:

      > Dear All,
      > As per Garga Hora -
      > Vaidya kanchana yuktascha mani ratna dhano bhavet
      > Karpoora chandanamodee dhanee kumuda bandhave

      (Garga
      > Hora)
      > [The Moon in the 2nd house makes the native a physician endowed with
      > gold. He becomes rich by trading with gems and valuables] (Translation
      > by KK Pathak)
      >
      > I don't think that this result is true. There is some thing wrong
      > either with the sloka or the meaning provided. What to do say? What
      > were the actual results experienced?
      > I hope to hear the comments about the same from the learned souls, as
      > well the description of actual experience by people having Moon in 2nd
      > from Lagna, for whom Moon dasa is already over.
      > Love and regards,
      > Sreenadh

    • Hari Malla
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 2, 2012
        Dear Devinderji,
        A very apt question indeed.
        But to escape it all, he may say there is no relationship between nirayan  Rashi sankranti, purnima and nakshyatra. He should know that sankrantis like nirayan Mesh sankranti control purnima like chaitra purnima by adhimasa. Also purnimas are related to nakshaytra by nomenlatures like Chitra nakshaytra to Chaitra purnima etc..

        Thus Mesh sankranti and Chitra nakshayatra  and Chaitra purnima are related by 180 degrees. Thus the relationship of nirayan Mesh sankranti to VE ( ie ayanamsha) can be controlled only by the fluctuation zone of Chaitra purnima over 30 degrees, 15 degrees before and 15 degrees after Mesh sankranti.. After crossing over this 30 degrees in about 2150 years, the VE moves over to Falgun purnima zone and we have to move the zero point of ayanamsha by 30 degrees to the new manawantar..
        Such complicated vedic system is difficult for Kaulji to understand.
        Any way I liked your careful questoning to him.
        Thank you.
        Hari Malla